Part 4

Samy's POV

I tried to get to downstairs as fast as possible, couldn't run in a saree. By the time I made it, my mom was already opening the door and a couple were standing outside. I came down so fast that I didn’t breathe for few seconds and suddenly my lungs were full of air, that I felt like choking.

As my mom was welcoming them into our house, I burst in and all of them turned to look at me at the same time. My mom's eyes narrowed shooting death rays at me and my dad's jaw was so tight that I could hear his teeth grinding.

I know, I wasn't supposed to drop in like a bomb, but introduced in a very  delicate and respectful way. Since we were past that moment, my mom had no choice and introduced them to me.

"My daughter Samantha. .."

"Samantha meet Mr and Mrs Kumar"

I folded my hands and greeted them respectfully "Namasthe", my eyes still searching for my prey.

The Uber driver suddenly emerged from behind Mr Kumar and before I could make my move, the couple introduced him as Siddharth, the groom.

I couldn't believe the scene that just unfolded in front of my eyes. I glared at him so hard that my facial muscles hurt and he looked at me, straight into my face, for a few milliseconds, gave me a fake smile and then turned his face away immediately feeling the heat, from my glare.

"How dare he ? He should have some nerve to show up as a potential groom after behaving like a perv in the morning. Did he do it on purpose? Was he testing me? Do I kick his butt right here in front of the entire family or spare the family from embarrassment and do it in private?"

After introductions, we moved to the living room and sat around on the sofa, opposite to each other. Even though he sat right in front of me, his eyes were all over the place but me, avoiding me obviously. He knew I was angry and looking for an explanation.

Meanwhile his mom was talking non stop about their family history and their future plans. I wasn't interested in hearing anything about his family, I was sure this is the last time I would be seeing them. Mrs Kumar seemed to be a nice lady, was probably unaware that her son was a perv. I could sympathize with her, as usually Mom's are the last ones to know about the bad things their kids do.

I was looking for a chance to break this party. Finally his mom was done with the family history part and started talking about Sid, it was then I started paying attention. 

"You know Sid is our only son and we are very proud of his accomplishments. He is smart, funny and a very hard working guy. He has a good job and .."

"Does he also work for Uber as part time job?" I asked Mrs Kumar trying to bring her to my topic.

I could see her face turning red and for a second there was dead silence in the room. "No .. no .. he has a well paid job as software engineer. Umm .. why did you get the doubt? " She blurted out looking at Sid for confirmation.

"Oh! I could have been mistaken. I thought, I saw him today morning at the airport with a white board." I spoke slowly looking at Sid. He was watching me with an interesting look on his face.

It was then I became aware again of his beautiful eyes and felt something stir deep inside me. An unknown feeling deep inside my soul, a feeling that you want to feel again and again. I felt like he awoke a part of me, which was sleeping for all these years, creating a warm and fuzzy feeling in parts of my body, I wouldn't say loud in public.

"Oh yes! You probably saw him at the airport. He went to pick up his cousin Sameer - we call him Sam, coming from US. This was his first visit to India and Sid messed it up." She started laughing.