Part 38

Third person POV

By the time Mahira finished telling her story, they were at the airport. Mahira and family were flying to her hometown to meet with her mother secretly.

Sid arranged Vali to provide security to Mahira and family, in case, her brothers  find out that she was alive.

Samy was emotional after hearing Mahira's story and her respect for Sid hit Himalayan heights, knowing true friendship was still alive. She was amazed at Mahira's positive attitude even though her life turned upside down and how Mahira was looking forward in life without worrying about past.

"Take care of my best friend." Mahira whispered into Samy's ear, after their emotional hug.

"Sure .. u bet! Take care." Samy replied to parting Mahira.

"Oh! U guys are finally done!" Sid asked. He was chatting with Vivek, all the while Samy and Mahira were talking.

"Yup, now I know the secret and ofcourse the villain of the story." Samy replied laughing.

"Villain .. who ?" Both Sid and Vivek asked at the same time.

"Who else? It's always the innocent shy guy!" Samy replied, laughing and looking at Vivek.

"Shit! U told her everything? Even the .." he asked winking at Mahira, obviously referring to his bedroom adventures.

Mahira nodded with her eyes, trying to suppress her laughter, knowing it drives Vivek mad.

"Jesus! Don't u understand the meaning of word 'privacy' .." they both went into the security queue arguing.

"Huh! U naughty girl! I hope they remain still married by the the time the plane lands at destination. " Sid joked, slapping her shoulder lightly.

"Don't worry Mr Fixer .. they will find you if that happens. " she hit him back.

It was already past 9 PM, so Sid dropped Samy at her home.

"Goodnight Samy!"

"What Goodnight? I am not done with you. We still have to discuss yesterday's issue." Samy declared, opening the door and inviting Sid in.

"Okaaay" Sid hesitantly stepped in and dropped into the love seat.

"I will change and come. Help yourself if you need anything." She pointed him the refrigerator.

While Samy went to change her dress, Sid grabbed a water bottle and sat down thinking about the conversation they were going to have.

How long are you going to play this hide and seek with her? His inner voice questioned him.

Sid knew the answer was with Samy, as she was the one who broke their engagement. Leaning back, he closed his eyes and started going through all the good times he spent with Samy, replaying them in slow motion in his mind.

Samy took a quick shower and came downstairs wearing a loose robe, held together by a sash at her waist.

Sid didn't notice Samy coming down. He was still lost in his thoughts.

"Hmm .. look at his face .. has a big smile plastered over it. I will have to kill him if he is day dreaming about any other girl. " Samy thought, coming close and watching Sid's face.

She went behind the sofa, untied her sash and covered Sid's eyes, blindfolding him.

"Hey what are you doing?" Sid protested, coming to his current senses.

"Nothing yet .. don't touch the blindfold." She pushed his protesting hands away.

"Okaay .. this is interesting." Sid replied, intrigued by her reply.