Part 21

When Sid returned back later Samy was up watching TV. He tried to talk to her but she remained aloof. He forced her to eat the homemade food. She obliged after some persuasion and went back to bed immediately after dinner.

"Why is he not telling me anything about today's meeting with the client?" She wondered but didn't ask him.

"I don't think she has recovered fully. She is too weak and not in a mood, so I think it is better to wait till tomorrow." Sid thought, not sure what Samy was thinking about.

Sid switched off the lights and left the room quietly after making sure Samy was asleep.

Next day Sid woke up early and went to Pavan's place to pick up homemade lunch box for Samy. He wanted to make sure she eat healthy food till she has fully recovered.

By the time he returned from Pavan's place, Samy was ready and waiting for him to go the client's corporate office.

They both got into the cab. Sid looked at Samy and realized she was not in the best of the mood. Sid explained to her about the previous day's details and current day's agenda.

"Where did you get the presentation copy from?" Samy questioned realizing Sid didn't talk about it.

"I logged into your computer and emailed myself your latest version of the presentation."

"How dare you ...? " Samy exploded.

The cab driver got startled and turned back to look at them.

"Samy listen .." Sid tried to calm her moving his hands in the air frantically to clam her down.

Samy controlled herself, "you hacked into my laptop?" She questioned him angrily, lowering her voice.

"No Samy ... I didn't hack. Remember I asked you for your password?"

"And I declined!" She replied firmly, whispering loudly.

"Yes, but later before you went to sleep, you gave me the password .. or clues to the password."

Samy quickly turned her face away overcome by sudden shyness, as her blushing  face turned deep red, realizing the conclusions Sid would draw from the password.  She was not over him yet and now it must be clear to Sid also.

Samy tried many times to change the password, but somewhere within her, a feeling, strong enough, stopped her from doing it. She was still thinking about the issue, when she heard Sid, asking the driver to stop, as they reached their destination.

Sid introduced Samy to Chang, the CTO, and Chang introduced them to the rest of the members of the technical board. Sid started his presentation and started going through the slides.

As the presentation went on Samy realized  that Sid made major changes to her presentation. The core design of the project was changed and she realized the familiarity of the design with the research white papers, she read on a geek website.

She had lot of respect for the author of the research paper, but she felt that it was not possible to implement such a design in real life, as it needs hard core programmers like the author himself. The only top programmer she has, was Sid and he too resigned and was leaving in two days.

"Is Sid trying to complicate the project and leave it on my plate, knowing very well I cannot implement it without his help? Is he taking revenge on me? How will I show my face to the client, once he leaves the firm?"

Samy was in a difficult situation. She couldn't disagree about the project design in front of the clients, as their management team already approved the project the previous day, yet she was sure of the technical difficulties, she would face, in delivering the project successfully.