Part 25

Third Person POV

Samy was sitting in the office of CEO of IQTech.

She looked at Hussain, the CEO, sitting opposite to her. He was going through her file studiously and looking at the comments written by other executives, who interviewed her before.

"Samantha, you are exceptionally qualified and a good fit for the position we have. This is a very young company, but has grown so fast because of the hard work put in by the founders and the dedication of its employees. This is a very senior position with more than a thousand people under you. Do you think you can handle the pressure and work load?" He leaned forward on his desk, looking straight into her eyes, trying to emphasize his point and to guage her response.

"Yes Sir! I have the experience and am willing to put in the hard work to do what is required. If at anytime you feel that I am not doing the right thing, please let me know and I will get out of the way." Samy answered back confidently, looking into his eyes.

Hussain was looking for exactly the same response and body language. He was good at reading people. Often a person would say one thing and his body language would indicate something else. He relied on his instincts more than the documentation in selecting senior executives.

He didn't find any weakness in Samantha. She was a strong candidate academically and in personality.  He was convinced about her, even though he had few doubts earlier, because his best friend recommended her. He thought his friend was swayed by her beauty, but indeed she was all brains. So he stood up and extended his hand to Samy.

"Congratulations Samantha, welcome aboard. I will ask HR to process your application asap and extend the offer, ofcourse after final approval from my partner and co-president."

"Thank you Sir!. I am surprised, I didn't know IQTECH has multiple partners. I read about you and the history of the company, but didn't come across about it."

"Yes, that is true. I have a partner, but he wishes to remain silent, leaving me as the public face of the company. Only senior executives know about it and keep it out of public eye. I want you also to keep it a secret. Take it as your first responsibility."

"I will .. no worries. Can I meet him?"

"It depends. Usually he doesn't meet anyone, but if the need arises he will definitely meet you. Good luck and hope to see you soon on my team." He got up and opened the door for her. HR will take care of the rest of the formalities.

"Thank you Sir, it was a pleasure." Samy thanked him and walked towards the HR Director's office.

Daryl, the human resources director, met Samantha half way and led her to his office.

"Congratulations Samantha, welcome aboard!"

"Thanks Daryl, I am really excited about this job." Samy replied. However, there was somewhere a feeling of being lost within her heart. She was happy for nailing her dream job, but not as happy as she thought she would be.

"Here, review and sign this preliminary offer letter and I will work on generating rest of the documents after the legal guys bless it." Daryl placed her offer letter in front of her.

Samy's eyes widened looking at the figures and benefits, she didn't expect making so much so soon in her life.

"Daryl, don't you have to wait for other partner to sign off on the offer?"

Daryl was looking at her to see her response on the offer letter. He knew it was great deal of money and lot more than Samy was currently making.

"Samantha, he already signed on it."

"What? Hussein just told me that he would run it by his parrner."

"Yup, that is true, however by the time you reached my office, his approval came through. Even I am surprised. Seems like he was waiting for it. He likes you already." Daryl winked at Samantha, making her wonder what he really meant.

"Hmm, also the offer is very generous." She looked at the figures and benefits once again, unable to believe.

"Yes maam, we like to take very good care of our Senior executives. You are joining the big boys club." He replied, grinning.

"Also when can I inform my current employer?"

"Oh! You can give your notice today to your employer Tsoft. Since we are a major investor in your company, it shouldn't be a issue. I am going to talk to folks over there and smooth any issues they might have."

"Thank you Daryl!"

Samy felt a sudden unease at the idea of resigning from Tsoft, the company she spent last few years. Actually it wasn't last few years, but last few months that made the place memorable.

But it didn't make sense to her. She should be happy, but she wasn't. Something was missing and more power and money weren't the answers.

"You need Sid to make you happy. Instead of trying to win him, you are going after other things, which can't fill the void." Samy's inner voice screamed at her. She was lost in thought as Daryl was running through the list of executive benefits of her new job.

"I don't think you will feel lonely as one your teammates joined us recently."

"What! Who?" Samy woke up as her heart kicked in her cage, almost certain who that person was. Sid was the only person who left her team in the last two weeks and she knew he already joined some firm.

"His name is Siddharth. You are going to be his boss again." Daryl replied.

"Oh! He joined here." Samy spoke slowly, taking a deep breath, with a poker face.

"Yahoo! You are his boss again. Thank God! Thank him for giving you another opportunity." Samy could hear her inner voice shouting at her,  hoping her body won't jump into a flash mob dance, as her heart started dancing in its cage and a sudden glow lit her face with excitement as if someone turned on the floodlights.

She knew that now she was fully excited about the new job. As soon as she heard his name, she felt the tingly feeling and the rush of blood through her veins, bringing a big smile over her face.

She signed all the paperwork and rushed out of office to stop Daryl from picking any clue from the sudden change in her expression.

"Dammit Samy, you must be the luckiest person to get a second chance. Don't mess up again." Her inner voice warned  her.

"Don't get your hopes up. It's his fault not mine. He was the one who has a secret past, he was the one who dated my cousin and hid it from me. I want him all to myself. I am not the kind of person to forgive his past. He has to be clean. So get ready for disappointment again." She chided her inner voice, knowing very well how the past chances didn't materialize in happiness,  but ended up in more sorrow.

She didn't know, she could control her mind but not her heart.