Part 17

Samy's POV

I stood motionless for about three minutes after the call got disconnected.

It took effort to move my legs. Million thoughts were cooking in my brain. I didn't expect this twist in my life.

"Sid and my cousin Sasy were lovers before? ... Shit! ... Whom is she marrying? That Sonia asked if she was marrying Sid? I didn't bother to check anything about the groom .. actually I didn't even think about it or checked how he looks like?" The thoughts in my mind were driving me crazy.

I remember seeing the invitation and definitely it was not Sid's name.

"Maybe Sid has another name .. and if it is Sid .. what ? .. Oh my fucking God!  .. I would die on the spot if I have to watch this unfolding in front my eyes in the next hour. No ... I can't wait .. I need to find out now." My heart almost stopped thinking about the possibility.

I clutched my chest and moved towards the groom's room to check out who he really was?

My heart was racing like a bullet rain and I almost ran upstairs unable to bear the suspense. I moved through three rooms and stopped suddenly in front of the groom's room.

There were talking loudly inside. I could hear the noises. I started praying to God, hoping it wasn't Sid.

"Dhak .. Dhak .. dhak .. " It was my heart beating loudly as I stood by the door and turned slowly to peek inside.

I scanned the faces slowly until my vision hit the person in groom's clothes and I turned my head away quickly. I was holding my breath and needed a moment to compose myself.

It wasn't Sid.

"Thank you God .. Thank you so much." I felt the weight lifted from my shoulders and I stepped into the room confidently.

"Hello dear .. do you need anything." The groom's mom asked me and she was definitely not Sid's mom as I knew his mom.

"No auntie, I am the bride's sister and checking if everything is ok."

"Oh! Thank you dear! We will be down in few minutes." She answered, coming towards me.

I thanked her and left to join the party downstairs. I was still confused, though not too much worried about the wedding anymore, as I had already confirmed that the groom was not Sid.

"Why did Sonia talk sbout Sid? I knew Sasi and Sid went to same college and what happened there? If they were sweethearts why didn't Sasi tell me about it? Instead she sent me on a goose chase on a murder story about Sid's roommate. This mystery around Sid's college days got more murkier now."

I went around the wedding hall smiling at everybody with a big artificial smile plastered on my face as my brain went into overdrive thinking about the possibilities.

I was in charge of taking care of Sasi's friends, who came to the wedding, and was helping the waiters to pass on the drinks. At that moment I reveived another shock as I couldn't help myself from overhearing the conversation going on between her friends.

Friend 1: "Hey bro why are you turning back and watching the enterance every few minutes?"

Friend 2: "Checking if Sid is gonna appear out of nowhere and snatch the bride."

Hearing Sid's name, my ears went into overdrive again, and the same uneasy feeling started creeping into my
abdomen. I stayed put to hear more of the conversation.

Friend 3: "Want to bet on this wedding? .. Sid has a history of kidnapping brides at the last moment. He did it for other friends .. so who knows .. he may do the same for himself."