Part 31

Third person POV

In the train

Sid made it to the platform, but the train was slowly moving away from him.

Luckily the compartment, the team had reservation in, was the second last compartment. He put all his remaining energy into his legs and ran towards the train as it started picking up speed.

As he was about to board the last compartment he saw Basha standing at the enterance of the next compartment and cheering him to get to their compartment.

He drained the last bit of energy and skipped the last compartment and raced towards Basha.

Sid could taste the bile in his mouth as he emtptied his lungs and lunged towards  Basha's extended arms waiting to pull him into the train.

Sid felt like he was going to throw up as he collapsed onto the sleeper berth by the window, with Basha still guiding him. The whole team gathered around him to make sure he was fine. Looking at his condition, they moved back to give him some room and let him catch his breath.

Samy wanted to jump in, push everybody away and hug him. She was worried, if he was hurt in the fight and wanted to check him thoroughly for any injuries.

Instead she controlled her urges and sat across him and watched him from a distance, scanning him head to toe, with her eyes, for any injuries.

Sid bent down, holding his head in his hands, trying to calm his aching lungs and body. After few minutes his breathing returned to normalcy.

He slowly lifted his head and his eyes checked everyone around him, until they landed on Samy. Satisfied that she was safe and well, he moved his attention to others, who were also trying to check him out for any injuries and peppering him with questions about the the goons.

"I am good, nothing happened to me." He spoke calmly, to assure everyone that he was fine.

"So what happened out there?" Basha asked.

Sid started the story from chases and described the fight in detail.

Samy was watching Sid's face and hand movements as he was narrating the story enthusiastically.

Uma returned to her seat by Samy and looked at her watching Sid from a distance, without going close to him.

"So .. after doing all that drama about pulling chain and stopping the train, you aren't going to go to him and say something?"

"Nah! He looks fine .. back in one piece." Samy replied.

"Wow! You just gonna watch him from here." Uma asked

"So what .. everybody is looking at him."

" Ooo .. no .. no. You are looking at him differently than others."

"Nooo .. I am looking normally. You are trying to make something out of nothing. "

"Nope .. it's different. Your eyes are saying something. You still owe me the background story between you and Sid."

"See you are assuming things .."

"No .. if you want to know how it looks from my point of view .. check this link." Uma forwarded her the YouTube song link.

A/N: Please check the below song. I know it's a telugu song, but for non-telugu folks .. you can see - for love language is not a barrier. You can understand what Anushka ( Heroin in the song) is trying to convey through her eyes.

Sorry for the short chapter  ..