Part 40

Third Person POV

Samy watched helplessly as the two homeless guys, with knives in their hands, slowly approached her.

She could smell the stink coming from them, however it was thirst in their eyes, that bothered her the most.

Suddenly a huge screeching sound came from the steet entrance, covering the street with smoke and smell of burned rubber, as the wide tires of the Bugatti Divo, made a sharp turn into the dead end street and stopped few feet away from the homeless guys.

The headlamps of  Bugatti, lightened up the dark street, shining on Samy and the intruders. As the three of them looked in surprise, the car door slid up and a shadowy figure stepped out.

They couldn't make out the gentleman in the car as he was behind the lights, but couldn't miss the sound of cocking of the big gun in his hands.

"Gentleman .. please drop your knives and step away from the lady .. turn towards the wall and place both your hands on the wall, so that I can see them, unless you want me to blow your brains out." The guy spoke sternly, pointing the gun at both the intruders.

As the intruders followed his instructions, Samy looked mesmerized by the voice.

Its Sid's voice .. but how? I just came in few hours back .. it's impossible.

Her brain tried to make sense, but her feet bolted towards the car and its occupant.

Sid opened the passenger door and motioned her to get in, his eyes still on the intruders, watching for any sudden movement from them.

Once Samy got in, he got into the driver's seat and backed out at the same speed he came in, leaving behind tire dust.

Samy looked at him closely, wondering if it was really him. A lot of questions were popping into her brain, but one look at Sid's angry face and she swallowed back the questions.

"What the hell Samy? Why would you walk into such streets .. don't you know this is New York? What were you thinking?"

His angry tone brought out tears in her eyes.

Sid looked at her face under passing lights and realized his mistake.

"Sorry Samy .. didn't mean to shout at you .. but that was absolutely foolish and suicidal."

Samy wiped away the tears and slowly explained the events since she landed in New York, few hours back.

"Shit!" Sid slammed the steering wheel hearing her story.

He then stopped the car in front of a modern glass tower building near central park. He came around and helped Samy get off the car, then threw the keys to the waiting valet.

Samy was still recovering from the ordeal and put her weight on Sid as he led her to a bank of elevators and punched the penthouse floor.

After they entered the Apartment, he led her to a love seat and went to the kitchen to fetch her a water bottle.

Samy got up and walked up to the window to catch the beautiful view of the city under lights. She couldn't help thinking about the danger she just faced out there.

When Sid returned, he had two bottles of water and he passed one to her. Samy emptied half the bottle in one gulp. She could feel her nerves calming and settling down.

"Now its my turn to ask the questions, mister!" She looked at Sid, as he settled down into a sofa.

"Sure, go ahead."

"How did you get to New York so fast? I am sure all the flights were pretty much booked."

"Private Jet"