Part 30

Third person POV

Railway Station

Sid knew the mafia gang was searching for him, however he didn't anticipate facing them here - out of station.

"How did they get here? Were they following Samy? Is that the reason she came to my room yesterday night? Huh! Too many questions - need to get rid of these guys fast."

Sid wasn't prepared as he didn't expect the events to turn this way. He knew they would be better prepared this time as he slashed their boss last time, surprising them.

He began to think while running towards the workshop yards. He picked the yards hoping to find some weapon, like an iron rod, as the goons were well equipped with knives and probably guns.

He was alone and they were three of them. "Difficult to fight all three at the same time as they have knives. I need to figure out a way to divide them and take them one by one - my only chance of survival. " he thought entering the yards and scanning the area.

There was no one in the yard as it was a holiday. It was a long workshop shed, big enough to service four trains at the same time.

There were four parallel tracks with platforms between them. There were trains on all four tracks. It was dark inside even though there was light coming in from the opening on both sides. The lights were off because there was no one working, it being a holiday.

The plaforms had different kinds of equipment to service the trains. Also there were ladders going up and down to allow mechanics to go over and under the train.

Sid scanned the facility and quickly formed a plan in his head to tackle the assailants. The success of his plan depended on swift execution, fast movement and to some degree lack of smartness on the part of attacking goons.

As he expected there were different kinds of tools and equipment he could potentially use as weapons. He picked up a sturdy four feet rod on his way and quickly climbed the stairs to reach the roof of the train on the middle platform.

He jumped of the stairs onto the roof and bent his body all the way down to keep him invisible. He was almost crawling till he reached the opening of the workshop, giving him a good view of the entrance.

He could clearly see the three assailants approach the enterance with their knives drawn out, ready to punce.

Sid got additional time because he was faster than them and they were slow because they were cautiously following him to avoid any surprise.

Vali and his associates reached the enterance of the workshop and started lookind around.

Vali didn't like the situation as he was planning to take out Sid in the open, with three of them against him alone. Now the situation has changed, the place was dark and huge. Only way to catch Sid was to breakup and search for him.

He looked left and right and then signaled for one of them to go right and the other to go left. He walked down the center platform looking all around.

Sid watched them carefully from his hideout and  breathed deeply seeing them following his plan. As he sized them, he realized the leader seemed smart but the other two looked dumb to the core.

"Definitely lacking in situational awareness. Mafia bosses need to improve pay and benefits to attract talent." Sid thought to himself as he chose the guy going left as his first target.

Making no noise, he slowly crawled over the beam going to his right and followed the guy below. The goon was checking all the places around him, but never looked above his head.