Chapter Three- Earth's Lantern

The Earth's Lantern dropped out of hyperspace, fast approaching the small planet it was named for. The ship's scanners quickly reported their findings: billions and billions of life forms, third planet from it's central star, and orbited by a single moon and several satellites, one much bigger than the others.

"Unidentified craft, this is Captain Atom of Earth's Justice League. State your name and business."

Bee made a rather rude sound, and Jaina smirked.

"Captain Atom, this is Girl Lantern, B10, reporting in."

There was a shocked silence on the other end for a long time. The next time someone spoke to her, it was distinctly more feminine and welcome.

"Girl Lantern, this is Black Canary. We're shielding you with our cloaking technology to keep your presence hidden from Earth's other satellite probes. Please make your way to the docking bay on the Watchtower's lower hull as quickly as you can."

"Confirmed, Black Canary. Girl Lantern out."

She passed by the moon, still marked with the dark streak she'd created four years ago. Through the docking bay windows, she could see several excited, familiar figures waving and smiling  at her. Jaina couldn't help but smile back.

She was home.

-------

M'gann's hugs were definitely something she missed. Zatanna and Rocket cried and shouted as the three of them hugged her over and over again. Connor, however, was content to stand back and watch with a smile on his face.

"It's good to have you back, Jay," he shook her hand firmly.

"Good to see you too," She smiled as Bee undocked from his port in Jaina's X-wing and the other girls began to coo over him.

Then she turned to the sixth person in the room.

"Well, you certainly grew up, Rob," She flicked the younger man's shaggy bangs with her finger.

"Actually, it's Nightwing, now." He smirked. "I'm surprised you that you actually recognized me."

Jaina looked Her old friend up and down. "Your uniform may have changed, 'Nightwing'," she said, tapping the big, blue bird on his chest, "but your presence in the force is still the same."

"And yet you still can't figure out what my real name is." He smirked.

"As a Jedi Knight, we prefer to let the good guys have their privacy," She covered quickly.

"So what brings you to Earth? I doubt you're here to discuss uniform changes with us, seeing as you don't have any," Connor referred to Jaina's Green Lantern uniform, which was still the same as it had been before she left Earth four years ago.

Jaina bit her lip. "Hal and Guy found me. They said you guys were in trouble."

"Oh boy, are we." Rocket sighed.

"They also told me that John and some of the other Leaguer's were on trial-"

"Here's the short version. Vandal Savage, the leader of this "Light" organization we told you about, took complete mental control of them and made them attack this planet called Rimbor. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Hawkgirl, and Green Lantern John Stewart are going to trial there, and hopefully prove their innocence." Nightwing summed up. The sour look Connor threw M'gann during the explanation was so fast it had to be a figment of Jaina's imagination.

Jaina felt herself straighten. If she didn't have to deal with Batman for this little visit, it really wouldn't be so bad after all.

"Well, Earth needs a Green Lantern. So I'm here. And I can rejoin the team, too."