Chapter Seven- Night Out

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH SOTL HAS 1K VOTES NOW  AND IT WON THE GREEN LANTERN CATEGORY IN THE DC WATTY AWARDS*throws a dance party* 

"Does anyone even believe this guy?" Jaina asked in disbelief. 

She could hardly stand to listen to a second more, and Mal wisely turned off the TV before another superhero could explode. 

"Join the club," Connor grunted.

Jaina sighed and tossed her hair back. "You guys ready for tonight?" She grinned, "I checked with Rob already, he got reservations and he'll meet us there with Artemis, Wally, Zee and Raquel."

"Do I have to wear a tie?" Connor grumbled, the offending red object hanging around his neck.

Jaina looked him up and down. "Nah, you look fine."

Connor shoved his hands in his pockets. "I never really learned how to tie it, M'gann always helped me with it."

Jaina patted his shoulder, trying to make him feel better. "If it makes you feel any better, I have no idea how to tie that thing either."

Connor rewarded her with a small smile.

"Where are M'gann and La'gaan? I thought they were walking with us?" Mal said, looking around the mission room.

"M'gann said to go on without them, they had to get a glamour charm from Zatanna for La'gaan." Connor tossed his tie to the side.

"Oh yeah," Jaina said, "I forget Earth's slightly xenophobic."

Mal looked at her. "Just because we don't have many aliens doesn't mean we're xenophobic, Jay." 

Jaina nodded. "Yeah, I'm not saying that you in particular are xenophobic, but the aliens who live on Earth have to hide their alien identity and abilities and are forced to pretend to be normal like the rest of you. See? It's a xenophbic culture."

Mal laughed, turning slightly red, "Yeah, I guess you're right."

"Come on, let's just go." Connor sighed.

Jaina linked her arms through Connor's and Mal's. 

"Look out Happy Harbor, here we come!"

-------

As the three of them walked around the corner, still laughing and talking, a stampede headed down the street towards them.

"Jaina!" Lisa Anderson screamed. The tiny woman shoved Connor and Mal- two men twice her size- out fo the way and threw her arms around Jaina.

"Lisa! Oh my gosh, it's so good to see you again! What are you doing here?" Jaina asked.

Lisa grinned. "I told you you'd come back sooner or later."

"Jaina!" Marvin and Wendy were right behind Lisa.

"It's so good to see you guys again!" Wendy hugged Connor and Marvin fist-bumped Mal.

"Where's Karen?" Wendy asked.

"Working," Mal sighed. "Is M'gann here yet?"

Wendy tried to hide the face she impulsively made. "Just met her new boyfriend." She looked at Connor. "I didn't know you two broke up."

"Anyway!" Jaina interrupted. "Let's head on in. I assume everyone else is here?"

"Yeah, but only them!" Marvin chuckled, holding open the door for the restaurant Nightwing had reserved. Jaina understood Marvin's little joke a second later, realizing that only one big table in the middle of the room was occupied. He'd reserved the entire place.