Chapter Twenty-One- Return of the Jedi

THANKS FOR 3K+ READS AND 300+ VOTES

"Mal, you okay?" Jaina shouted.

"I'm fine!" Help Superboy!" He shouted, pointing at the hole in the ceiling where "The Warlord Desperaux" had broken through, right after nearly pounding Connor to pulp.

"Do not follow, Earth females!" Jaina grinned at the funny little robot called L-Ron, who felt necessary to give advice to his master and agitate the Earth's finest Heroes further than destroying their personal museum already did.

"Not an Earthling!" She sang, waving at him over her shoulder as she flew after Desperaux. M'gann and Karen still followed her.

L-Ron spluttered in a robot sort of way, just like C-3P0 always did. "It-it is poor sportism!"

Jaina glared. Did they really think after what they'd done to Zatanna and Billy they were just going to stand back and watch? "Nope, it's just a team effort!" She snapped at him, though she doubted the stupid little robot was actually listening.

They found Desperaux in the library, about to tear off Connor's head for one of those stupid "trophies" that L-Ron had been babbling about.

"M'gann, it's now or never!" Karen told her earnestly, referring to the Martian hero's psychic powers.

"M'gann, what's up? Just use them already!" Jaina shouted.

M'gann didn't say anything in reply, but she took a deep breath and stared intently at Desperaux, her eyes glowing green as if she were about to blast him psychically and take him down, but then she gasped and took a step back.

"I can't!" She told them.

Karen and Jaina looked down at Desperaux. Superboy was only half-kryptonian, but it still took a lot to take him down, and Desperaux was about to tear of his head. Jaina launched several blasts of green mana at him with her ring, and Karen added her bee stings, pulling the alien's attention away from Connor.

"Did that get your attention?" Karen smirked proudly, aiming another sting for his eyes, the weakest point.

Desperaux glared, and the funny little spot on his forehead that Jaina had noticed earlier twitched, just like the feeling in her stomach.

She ignored it as a golden light blinded her and she fell, down, down, down.

"I...I'm flying..." She spoke, her words slurring together slowly. Her mind felt fuzzy, like her favorite blanket from when she was a kid.

She was so tired, so very, very tired.

"The team needs you, Jaina."

"The force needs you, Jaina."

"The galaxy needs you, Jaina."

"Jaina, this is your neice, Allana."

"Jaina, you have to kill Caedus."

"Jaina, I need your help."

"Jaina, Kaldur's gone rogue."

"Jaina, Jessica lost control again."

"I killed its former bearer."

All her responsibilities crashed down on her as she fell, and Jaina did nothing but take the pain numbly, paralyzed.

She was a Green Lantern and the Sword of the Jedi. She could handle it.

But now, the duty was much too overwhelming.

After what felt like an eternity of falling through golden light, where not even her ring was useful in escaping, she heard a voice speaking to her.