Chapter Twenty-Five-War

Music blasted through the speakers just a few feet away. The thumping noise echoed in her skull, numbing her brain as she studied the grain on the bartop.

"Heya, beautiful." It might have been a compliment, but Jaina was not up for tolerating, much less entertaining, any flirtations.

"Get lost," She snarled.

The man slicked back his already greasy blond hair, taking her threat as an excuse to edge closer. "Aww...you not feeling too good, beautiful?" His hand wandered down to her knee, and she sighed. She had given him a warning.

Jaina would criticize that his breath reeked of alcohol, but she knew she didn't have the high ground here, with two empty bottles of whiskey tipped over in front of her, and a third halfway gone in her hand.

She tipped the bottle back, gulping down the last of the fiery drink with a grimace. "Name's not beautiful, bub." 

"Oh, what is it then," Bub leaned in closer. He probably thought that he was really getting somewhere now, backing her into a corner.

Jaina placed her hand over his, before swiftly jerking his two middle fingers back.

"Name's Solo. Jaina Solo." She said, using that sickly sweet grin her dad always gave when he successfully outsmarted some Hutt or old Imperial Remnant. "Daughter of Jedi Leia Organa, and General Han Solo."

Bub screamed, holding his swelling fingers in his other hand.

"You b-"

"Finish that sentence. I dare you." Jaina hopped down from her stool, hands on her hips as Bub backed away from her. 

Using his good hand, Bub pulled a switchblade out, pointing it at her. Jaina barked a laugh at the pitiful weapon.  "You think that'll do any good against me? I'm a Jedi Knight, defender of the New Republic. I've flown through space and time. I've been to planets with names you can't pronounce. I've tamed Rancors and Nexus and crystal snakes. I've fought countless invasions."

She took a step closer, enjoying the sight of her harasser flinching.

"Oh, and did I mention that I killed my own brother?"

 The bar was loud enough that no one had noticed them yet. Some part of Jaina wished that Bub had friends. She could use a ten against one fight.

Thoroughly terrified, Bub let out a drunken yell, charging at Jaina shakily, but someone stepped in front of her before the blade could do any damage.

Bub stared at the bent blade in confusion before staring up at the six-foot-five man in front of him.

"Go home. You're drunk." Connor told him gruffly. Bub didn't need much convincing.

"Jaina, you okay?" The hand on her shoulder couldn't be Connor's. It was too thin, not big enough to be the Superboy's. It was calloused, from too many hours holding a pencil, and the arms attached to it were lean and willowy, perfect for a super-speed runner.

"I had it," She hiccuped to Wally.

"You're drunk," Connor observed stoically, his arms folded disapprovingly.

"So what if I am?" She shrugged.

Wally chuckled. "He's just jealous because Kryptonians can't get drunk." 

"Well, neither can you." Connor snapped back.

Jaina was drunk enough that she giggled a little bit as Wally and Connor glared at each other for a moment.

"You paid for your drinks yet?" Connor asked, ready to leave the bar already.

"Yeah, one sec." She ordered a shot of bourbon before Superboy and the former Kid Flash forcibly dragged her from the bar, just shy of Connor carrying her.