Chapter Twenty-Eight- The Summit

BATTLE COUPLE JAYKAL HERE WE GOOOOOOOO

Jaina checked her belt once more to make sure both were there.

"Here we go," She whispered to herself.

"You ready for this, Power Ring?"

Jessica took a deep breath in, her ring hand curling into a fist. "Ready, Sword."

"Then what are we waiting for?"

"Uh, Miss M's signal?" Wally grinned cockily.

Jaina nudged him with her elbow. "You ready to see Arty?"

"Beyond that. I bet you're excited to see Kal again too."

"Definitely." Jaina didn't bother trying to deny it. She'd missed Kaldur, and even though she wanted to give him an earful for letting everyone believe he'd gone over to the dark side, she couldn't wait to see him again.

"Now!" Miss Martian's voice rang out in their minds.

"Is that...?" Power Ring pointed to the ceiling.

"The signal," Nightwing nodded. "Alpha, Beta, move in!"

Jaina and Wally sprinted ahead of their teammates, emerging in the room where the Light and the Reach were in a middle of a standoff, Miss Martian, Aqualad, and Artemis at the center of it.

"Hey there, Vandy! Did you miss me?" Wally asked. Batgirl, Nightwing, and Power Ring emerged from the entryway behind Kid Flash and Sword, and across the room, Superboy, Guardian, and Bumblebee cut off the escape tunnel on the Reach's side.

An intense feeling of excitement surged in Jaina's chest as she looked around the room. Miss Martian had a sword to the infamous Vandal Savage's throat, and the rest of the light was still in shock at the fact that the blood splattered on Artemis and Kaldur's uniforms was fake.

"Representatives of the Reach, you are under arrest for tampering with the population of Earth, and conspiring with known Earthling criminals." Her voice rang loud and clear through the cavern. If only her mother could see her now.

"On whose authority?" The Reach ambassador spluttered angrily.

Jaina grinned, "By the power vested in me as a Jedi Knight, a guardian of the galaxy." She drew her lightsaber, the violet blade extending inches from the ambassador's noseless face.

"...Not to mention the authority vested in me as a member of the Green Lantern Corps by the Guardians of the Universe." Her ring shot out of the pocket in her belt, returning to her finger. Jaina relaxed as the familiar tingle washed over her body, arming her in her Lantern uniform.

"Whoo-Yeah! Girl Lantern's back!" Kid Flash whooped.

The Ambassador's face paled. "We have been invited! You- You have no authority here, Lantern!"

"You have violated your treaty with the Guardians of the Universe by landing in Earth's oceans undetected. Lying in wait for months," Jaina spat, "You kidnapped lone Earthling children, experimenting on them and their metagene to the point of death for many, and traumatizing the rest," She snarled. "You took complete mental dominion over an Earthling adolescent, permanently attaching alien technology to his spine. You have interfered plenty without waiting for permission."

She lowered her blade just so the ambassador's fear-filled eyes could look directly into hers. "You and your 'favored agents' the Light will be taken before the Guardians for trial. I'd wish you mercy, but you hardly deserve that."

Savage chuckled darkly, and Jaina turned her attention to him for only a moment.

"Well played, well planned, but the Light always has contingencies."