Chapter Six- A Bad Feeling

Wonder Girl was near tears as she paced the sand.

"This is all my fault! Bee was right, I wasn't paying attention and now she and Batgirl are probably captured-"

"Cassie, calm down!" Miss Martian, the only other squad member who'd managed to get out, placed a hand on Wonder Girl's shoulder.

"Nothing- not even missions- go as originally planned. We recover and adjust. That's what makes a good team." Green Lantern gave them an assuring smile.

"Sounds about right."

"Bee! You're alive!" Cassie sighed in relief.

"Was that ever in doubt?" Karen alighted on Jaina's shoulder to rest.

"Batgirl?" M'gann asked.

"Captured." Karen smirked at Jaina. "But hopefully not for long.

"I have a plan."

Bee led her three flight-powered squad members to the edge of a nearby cliff, where they could easily hear the klaxon of bay doors opening. halfway down the cliff face was just that, hangar doors sliding open to reveal a runway with a stealth plane at the end of it, and Devastation and Mammoth loading something onboard. Shimmer, Junior, and Psimon were running around the plane, completing other tasks, and watching over them was a battalion of more Bialyan soldiers working on a fleet of computers.

"I can sense Batgirl." Jaina whispered to her teammates as they peered around the corner.

"She's in one of those pods, and so are ten other kids," Bee told them.

"Kidnapped?" Miss Martian asked.

"Most likely. They were all out cold, and Junior said something about them all having run away from home."

Jaina stiffened slightly.

"Then we'll have to get that plane out of here before they do. I'll take Shimmer's place and keep Psimon occupied. Bee, you go find a way to wake up Batgirl. Lantern, you take care of the Bialyan's computers, and if Bee can't wake up Batgirl, we'll need you to fly the plane out of here." Miss Martian instructed.

"Got it."

"Wonder Girl, hold here."

"Again?" Cassie groaned.

"If they sound the alarm and close these doors to try and keep us from escaping, we'll need some of that Wonder strength, won't we?" Miss Martian asked her. Cassie blushed with pride, and the others flew off to perform their tasks.

M'gann shifted to look like Shimmer, hiding the real Shimmer in a spare pod. While Psimon was distracted by finding out that Miss Martian was there, Jaina flew above him and formed a giant hammer with her ring, quickly introducing it to the Bialyan's computers.

Devastation and Mammoth quickly converged to help their leader and the Bialyans, giving Bee the chance to dart inside the loaded plane. Before Mammoth had the chance to knock out Miss Martian, the plane started off and began to roll down the runway. Panicked, the villains deliberated. Green Lantern flew back down the end of the tunnel to clear a smooth path for Batgirl's plane, while Wonder Girl ripped off the bay doors that Junior tried to close.

"When did we get another Green Loser?" Devastation sneered. She jumped on top of the plane with Mammoth, trying to get into the cockpit and stop Batgirl.

"Alpha, little help here?" Batgirl asked over the comms.

Jaina lifted Mammoth's hulking form and tossed it at Devastation, but she jumped out of the way, landing in front of Wonder Girl.

Devastation scoffed. "You really think you can beat me, Blondie? I've gone toe-to-toe with the actual Wonder Woman!" She boasted.

Wonder Girl smirked. "Yeah, but you never trained with her." She leaped over Devastation, punching her in the back.

"And I'm betting she didn't have a Green "Loser" to back her up," Jaina formed a giant green hand with her ring, shoving Devastation off the plane with Mammoth.

Cassie was almost in shock as the plane reached the end of the runway. "We did it!" She cried as Bumblebee and Miss Martian landed next to her.

Jaina bit her lip, looking around nervously.

"You okay?" Bumblebee asked, holding on to Green Lantern's shoulder as the plane picked up speed.

"I've just got a bad- LOOK OUT!" She pulled Wonder Girl and Miss Martian off the wing of the plane as it was ripped off by a flying hunk of machinery.

She looked back, to just barely be able to see Mammoth's grin. Off-balance, the plane careened to the side, and the other wing was ripped off. Batgirl struggled with the breaks, but it was too late. The plane skid off the edge of the runway, and over the edge of the cliff.

"I could have stopped that." Jaina realized, whispering to herself as Karen, M'gann, and Cassie shot after the falling plane.

"I could have."

But she didn't want to. She didn't want to use that part of her anymore. Not after what using that side made her do.

Never again.

Jaina flew after her friends. Her ring was fading. Of course she'd forgotten to charge before a mission. Cassie tried to lift the plane with her wonder-strength, but it was hardly doing anything, and neither was M'gann's telekinesis.

"It's too heavy!" Cassie cried.

"Time for plan B!" M'gann decreed.

Plan B wouldn't get here in time. the ground was too close for comfort, and there were innocent, kidnapped children on that plane. She wouldn't fail them.

She knew she shouldn't, but she used the last of her willpower to grab the tail of the plane, holding it long enough for the bioship to come along, attach itself to the hull of the plane, and carry it to safety. Right before they all crashed into the ground.

Her uniform faded away, leaving her in the jeans and t-shirt she'd worn when Nightwing asked her to join in the mission. Her ring gave one last, pitiful vibration before it went dark, and Jaina began to fall.

She didn't fall far, not with three other teammates who could fly, and one of them who was telepathic. She landed neatly in M'gann's arms.

"What, you thought we'd leave you behind?" M'gann asked, seeing the surprised look on Jaina's face.

Jaina looked around, down at the ground as it grew farther and farther away. She wrapped her arms around M'gann's neck, feeling the bitter sting of the wind on her arms as they flew after the others.

"No, I just wasn't thinking." She mumbled.

M'gann's grip on Jaina tightened. "Don't go suicidal on us, Jaina. We need you." She whispered so the others wouldn't hear.

Cassie cheered and laughed, and Jaina had to agree.

-------

"You said we would not have to deal with the Green Lanterns!" The poor computer, though extraterrestrial in origin, was no match for his huge fist, also extraterrestrial in origin.

"Do not worry warrior, all shall be well. We must be patient."

The Warrior sneered. "Patience..."

Originally six and five were one chapter, but when I finished writing it I felt it was too long to do that. Enjoy the double-update