Chapter 9: Waking

Ryan's P.O.V.

My eyes fluttered open slowly and an inaudible groan passed my lips, my vision blurry from had almost being blinded by early morning sun. My joints cracked into place and I reached over to a side table, picking up my glasses and sliding them over my nose.

I sighed, then looked to my side, almost shocked to see Felix's outline on the bed, his figure rising and falling with his breaths.

I exhaled, then smiled, leaning over and gently tapping his cheek with my lips, hoping it would be enough to wake him up.

I was Oh so wrong.

It turns out that Felix is a very heavy sleeper, unlike myself.

I poked and prodded him, finding no results until I tickled the nape of his neck. For a heavy sleeper, I've never seen anyone spring up so fast from sleep.

"Ohmygodwhatthefucktheresaspider!... oh. Hey Ryan, heh..." He paused and scratched the back of his neck, his cheeks flooding with a soft color.

I rolled my eyes and puffed a small breath of air, smiling before gently shoving him.

"What do you want to do today?" He asked, his voice thick with sleep. I picked up my pad and pencil and messing scrawled 'anything really, it's your house, friend!' 

He smiled and chuckled lightly, "then how about some breakfast?"

I nodded quickly and smiled, giving two thumbs up in a cheesy manner. Felix smiled and stood, the blanket falling from his body to expose a lean, almost muscular frame.

I felt my face growing warm and I quickly shook thoughts out of my head, and stood with him, running my fingers through my hair as I accompanied my blonde boy out and into the kitchen.

He rummaged a bit, then sighed, "all I've got are fuckin ego waffles... is that alright?" He glanced at me with earnest.

I nodded and smiled, scribbling quickly, 'of course man.' 

It being a Saturday we had no plans, and mostly took our time sitting in silence doing our own thing. Felix played video games while I watched, or I finished some late homework while Felix read.

Surprisingly, he loved to read. He had shelves full of books around his house, and most of them showed years of careful love. With worn out spines, faded edges and pages with old dog ears, imprinted into the paper.

He peered at me over his book and smiled, "ryan?" I looked up. "If... someone you knew admitted to liking you, how would you react?" His eyes suddenly shone with curiosity.

I took a deep breath, then exhaled and wrote out a thought out response.

"Most likely... I would accept it with open arms. Expecially if this person was someone I cared about deeply and was someone who was a good person... like You Felix, I would fall for you in an instant."  I froze, then erased the last sentence and handed my notebook to him, watching his steel blue eyes flit over the paper.

He looked at me, then closed his eyes in thought. When he opened them again, a soft smile split his lips. "Then please... may I ask you one more thing?" He looked into the distance, his eyes focusing on nothingness.

I nodded, my hands resting on my paper in anticipation...

A.N.

Heya!! Sorry it took a bit for the new chapter but I'm pumped about it! Plus the gorgeous Rianisme will be writing the next one! Get hyped! As always, stay beautiful!

~Limey