Chapter 16: Mistakes

Ryan's pov

Melissa looked at me for a second, then smiled and nodded, her eyes shining. "Of course I would"

I smiled back and felt my heart sink into my stomach, and knotting up into a ball.

God I made a mistake... haven't I?

Regardless of my choice the rest of the day was normal, no run ins with Felix, and just droning on. I told Melissa I'd meet her at the local coffee Shoppe around five.

So I hurried home, took a shower and got dressed into something comfortable, yet still stylish. A grey pair of skinny jeans, a green button up and a maroon beanie, paired with my black converse.

Comfortable with my appearance, I ran my fingers through my hair and glanced at the clock on the wall. 4:30.

I exhaled a long breath, walked downstairs and grabbed my keys and wallet, my stomach still churning.

I miss him... no I don't... I can't, gotta move on.

I walked outside and headed down the street, passing Felix's house and noticing it was dark inside...

I just shook my head and kept my head down, walking along even though I wanted to run up the stairs and check.

Through my melancholy thoughts I made it to the cafe, and saw Melissa sitting at a table, her phone In her hands and wearing a rather cute outfit. Knee high black socks with some brown flats, a plaid skirt and a black button up tank. Cute, but not my style.

I walked over to her and saw her look up and smile, "oh hello Ryan! I was just about to call hah." She chuckled.

I smiled slightly and sat down across from her, coffee assaulting my nose. "Ah good to see you here. Uh, w-what anything? I'll pay."

She hummed and pursed her lips, cocking her head a bit. "Just a coffee. Nothing fancy. Thank you though"

I nodded and stood rather abruptly, my head spinning as I walked towards the counter.

I'm making a mistake.

Just as I was about to place my order I started feeling sick, and rushed into the nearest restroom, leaning over the sink.

Damn it... I couldn't do it. I miss that blonde weirdo. I don't like Melissa like that... I still hardly know her. Maybe I should just say I'm sick... yeah.. maybe.

I splashed some cold water on my face and dried it with a towel, then walked back out, my stomach borderline cramping.

Melissa was gone.

And there sat Felix.

A.N. wooh! So next chapter is finally here! Sorry about the delay, summer vacation is here and I've been busy, but things should move faster now! Go check out Rianisme because she is lovely and wonderful and so patient. And peace!!

~limey