It's Just Handwriting - (Jade's POV)

"I FUCKING HATE EVERYTHING!" I slammed my locker, grunting with frustration. I don't know what to do for the Full Moon Jam. I'm beyond excited to perform, however all the songs I've written lately are for my own ears to hear. I don't want a bunch people I don't give a shit about to know my life; I'd rather stab myself in the eye with scissors. However, I do need someone that I sort of trust that isn't Beck to help me choose which song to sing.

"Hey Jade!" Just the Latina I wanted to see. "What's u-" I grabbed her wrist and dragged her to the janitor's closet. Not too sure what it is about the janitor's closet, but it's the only place in the school where you can be completely solitary. Ignoring all of Tori's muttering, I pulled her through the door and locked it.

"Jade, what do you want?"

"You."

I evilly grinned at her. She looked like she was shitting bricks. "Relax, I'm not going to kill you, Vega. I just want to ask a favor."

She gulped, but also seemed to loosen up and chill more. "Which is?"

"My house after school," I said firmly. "You're going to help me with my Full Moon Jam performance, or at least help me decide what to sing, what to wear, yadda yadda yadda. So, I'll pick you up after your last class and take you to my place. Sound like a deal?" Before she even got to blink, I turned around and walked out of the door. I guess you could say I came out of the closet. HA! Okay no, just kidding... I still don't even know who I am, let alone what my sexual orientation is.

---------- SCHOOL ENDS ----------

I walk over to Tori at her locker, ready to leave this dungeon and head back to my place. I don't know why, but all day I've been looking forward to her coming over.

"Hey, Vega. Ready to head out?" I put my hand on my hip and lean against the lockers beside hers. She looks at me with the same smile she always wears, which used to nauseate me. Now I find myself fighting a smile whenever I see her grin. Maybe it's because she looks stupid. Yeah, that's it. Reeeeeeaaaaaally stupid.

Tori nods her head, shuts her locker, and follows me to my car. We make small talk on the way there, even though I hate small talk almost as much as I hate her. Do I hate even her anymore? Have I ever hated her? Shut up, Jade- you're being ridiculous.

When we arrive at my house, it dawns on me that Tori has never actually been inside before. She's seen videos and pictures from my Slap page, although I don't recall her ever coming in. Then again, it makes sense considering we hate each other and everything... or at least we did.

"Welcome to my home," I say, opening the door for her and extending my arm presenting the indoors.

"Well it's very... colorful." She starts laughing at her own sarcasm, and I let out a little "ha-ha" to make her feel accomplished.

"Why'd you say that with so much sarcasm? My house is all sunshine and rainbows." I find myself chuckling, and notice that she does too. I decide to give her a quick tour, and save my room for last since that's where we're going anyway. I open the door and see her eyes open wide. "This is my own personal prison cell."

She walks inside my room, and I can't help but wait for her to say something. Anything. But if she's sarcastic again, I swear I'll smack her.

"Wow... this is actually rather-"

I interrupt. "Terrifying?"

She bites her lip and looks down at the floor. "I was going to say engaging." What? I raise my eyebrow at her with confusion as we make eye contact. Engaging? That's a first.

I shake my head. "Why do you say that?"

"Well for instance," she walks over and looks at some photos on my desk. I enjoy dark photography in my spare time. It's one of my guilty-pleasures. She picks one up and looks at me. "You have very artistic vibes throughout the whole room. I mean, it's practically screaming your name off of every wall."

"I like screams."

I walk over to my bedside table and open a drawer. I take out my journal where all my songs are and plop it on my bed. Shutting the drawer, I sit beside it and pat my comforter for Tori to join me. She's hesitant at first, debating on whether it's a trap for me to strangle her or not, but within a few seconds she's at my side.

"What's that?" She gawks over my shoulder squinting at my messy scribbles known as my I'm-half-asleep-but-have-a-song-idea handwriting. I tell her it's where I write all my music and apologize for my sloppy handwriting. To be honest I'm actually embarrassed, since my handwriting is usually a lot neater and put together. For some reason I want to impress her. Whatever, Jade. It's just handwriting.