Tired of Hiding - (CHANGING POV'S)

TORI'S POV:

After walking away from Jade backstage, I find myself grinning ridiculously. 

"Someone looks happy," Andre says.

I look at him and smile more. "I am."

I see Beck and Meredith sitting with each other, which makes me happy because I know she really likes him. It also makes me happy because he showed up at Jade's house last night, and I'd prefer it if he focus his attention on a girl that isn't mine. Regardless of that though, I am really happy to see that he's hanging out with a girl as pretty, kind, and pure as Meredith is. 

Andre comes onto the stage to give introduce himself and give an announcement, and his grandmother, Mrs. Harris, starts cheering him on. She means well. Then Trina shouts at her to quit screaming and they get into a screaming match, because you know, heaven forbid my sister not be the center of attention. I hope she doesn't do anything during Jade's performance, though I doubt that she will because it's so public. Quite frankly, she doesn't have the balls. 

They finally stop screaming, after causing everyone to move away from them. I roam around a bit and say hello to people before finding a spot where I'll be able to see Jade's performance perfectly. I pour myself a cup of fruit punch and stand by the concessions table. It has a clear view of the stage and it's not too crowded. I stand around awhile, zoning in and out, before I notice Beck walking over to me. Instantaneously, I smirk at him.

"Hey," he says casually.

I reply with "Heyyyyyyy, so," I pat his arm playfully, "you and Meredith, huh? You guys gonna snoodle?" I tease and smile. 

To my surprise, he replies with "There will be no snoodling." 

"What?!" I throw my hands in the air to express my sarcastic anger yet actual confusion. "After everything I've done?! I was almost attacked with toilet paper!" I laugh and hit his arm some more. 

He proceeds to tell me that while Meredith is nice, she's too nice, and he doesn't like that. I continue to jokingly give him a hard time about the situation. Quickly I begin to realize that he really isn't into the type of girl such as Meredith, and he begins explaining how he likes a girl who's vocal and isn't afraid to show it. A girl who's not afraid to fight back. I mean, me too, but...

"Why?" I ask to keep the conversation going. 

"Because it's not easy," he claims. "Easy's boring."

I nod my head understandable. I agree, easy is boring. "Okay," I say. "I get that... So, who's not boring?" 

Just then Jade's music starts playing and she confidently walks onto the stage. Wow, she's beautiful. I grin and take a couple steps closer to the stage to be closer to her. She sings the first line and glances over at me seductively, and I melt inside. I'm clapping to the beat and beaming back at her. She continues performing and leans the microphone stand forward, and I'm just drooling over her. Everything we've worked so hard for has prepared her for her moment to shine, and this is it. She's killing it, might I add. 

♫ You push me back, I'll push you back. 

She subtly winks at me and I blush dramatically. She can push me down anytime.

♫ Harder. Harder. 

♫ You scream at me, I'll scream at you!  

My attention breaks from Jade, who's making eyes and pointing at me, as Beck begins to walk toward the stage admiringly. It's almost as if... oh no. I look at him and back at her, pointing at him to make her aware. It's hard to tell if she even notices this or not, but knowing her, she probably is only fixated on performing and me.