Warmth - (Jade's POV)

I jump awake at four in the morning from a nightmare, and find myself laying on Tori's shoulder. We passed out in my bed while watching a movie that for the life of me I cannot remember. I hate to admit it, but I enjoy her body heat, especially since I'm naturally a cold person.

I keep my head resting on her shoulder, deciding it's best to just fall back asleep. I feel safe with her here, mostly because I can't be alone right now due to my nightmare. I know I'm all about horror movies and have watched a lot of them and pretend I'm not scared of anything, but that's not entirely true. I'm not scared of a lot of things, but I'm scared of a lot of things.

-------- 6:00 AM --------

This time when I wake up, I don't feel Tori's shoulder under my head. In fact, I don't feel her at all. I sit up confused and look around. Moments later, the Latina calmly opens the door trying not to wake me up. She can't see that I'm awake since it's pitch black in my room, so I shut my eyes and pretend like I'm sleeping. I can hear her tip toeing her way to the side of my bed and feel the pressure of the bed sink as she climbs in. I'm facing with my back to her, and I feel her cuddle behind me. She's one of those sleepers that has to be cuddling someone or something to fall asleep. Her arm is bent and her hand rests over my arm, while the other one underneath her pillow. I could lay like this for hours. No, Jade stop it. You're such a weirdo.

-------- 10:00 AM --------

"Jade, wake up." Tori softly speaks my name, and I groan as I stretch and rub my eyes. I lift my head while sitting up and look at her. "Good morning," she says. I see that she's made me coffee and is holding the warm mug in her hands.

"Thanks," I say as she hands me the mug. I take a sip. Why is she being nice to me? We've always been mean to each other... whatever, I'm not going to turn down nor question free coffee.

After watching TV for about an hour, we both decide to get working on my performance.

"So, do you have any idea as to what you want to wear?" Tori said, gazing at my wardrobe of darkness. It was almost as if she was analyzing every detail of every article of clothing in my closet.

"I was thinking of going for a hot badass look, you know?" Pretty much my every day look, but slightly hotter than normal.

Tori got up and started looking through hangers, all articles of clothing in mostly black and other dark colors. Then she pulled out a blue camisole that was towards the back of my closet, and looked at me with a grin. "You're wearing this under something."

Yippee. I just love color.

Hours pass, and so far we've picked out my outfit which took a million years, rehearsed my song a numerous amount of times, and sorted out a bunch of other shit, blah blah blah. Now I'm tired.

Tori looks up at me saying, "Can we take a break? It's been hours. It's almost 5:00pm."

"I was just about to say that. Wanna grab a bite?" My stomach growls. I'm absolutely starving. If I don't eat in the next hour, my inside will explode... actually, I would love that.

"I'm down. Karaoke Dokie or Nozu?"

"Uh... Karaoke Dokie. I'm not feeling sushi."

(Note: Sorry, I wasn't really feeling this chapter which is why it's short and boring. I have no idea where I'm going with any of this, so hopefully the next chapter will be longer and more entertaining. It's also really difficult to slowly build up their relationship without hopping right into anything).