Not-So-Short Film - (Tori's POV)

(Note: I've been struggling to write from Tori's perspective, so there will most likely start to be more Jade POVs than Tori POVs. I connect more with Jade, but will still try to write from both eyes).

-Tuesday Afternoon-

"Oh," my film-making teacher says gathering her last few thoughts before class ends. "I want you guys to get into groups and create a not so short film. Basically you're making a lengthy video. I don't care how many people are in your group as long as you get the assignment complete. These movies will be due in three weeks, so they better be the best work you can possibly do."

Robbie raises his hand from behind me. "What do you want the film to be about?"

"I was getting there." She sighs at the curly haired boy, who is now sinking slowly into his chair. Poor Robbie. "The movie's plot can be about anything you want, as long as it contains a plot twist that no one is able to predict. Once we present our films to the class, everyone will write down their predictions within the last five minutes of the movie." Robbie raises his hand again. "Robbie, it has to be at least fifteen to twenty minutes long." He puts his hand back down.

The bell rings and all of us get up. I looked over at Andre, Beck, Cat, Jade, and Robbie and we all stay after class for a few minutes. Obviously we're all working together.

"So, my house?" I offer to meet at my house to brainstorm ideas, and because I have the biggest house out of all my friends. Besides, everyone loves coming to my house. That's why we always hang out there and shoot all of our movies there. However, hopefully this time we'll be able to change locations periodically in our video to spice it up a little bit and make it seem really different than any of our past creations. We all decide to head to my house directly after school.

Laying all over the place, my friends and I spend hours discussing ideas. Cat, Robbie, and Andre are sitting on the red sofa. I'm sitting on the little ledge separating my living room from my kitchen. Jade and Beck on the other hand are sitting on completely different sides of the house. Jade is on the stairs, and Beck is sitting backwards on chair in the kitchen. There still is a lot of tension and awkwardness between the two of them, even though it's been months since they've been apart. Especially since last night Jade had a meltdown, and I know that being around Beck probably doesn't help her much when she's already struggling.

Andre's voice breaks a comforted silence of all of us thinking and jolting down ideas on our phones. "Okay, I think I got it!"

"Let's hear it." Beck says, sipping his soda.

"Okay," he begins. "What if we make it so there's a couple, and the girlfriend keeps receiving the same object, whatever that may be, with anonymous love notes. Then the boyfriend ends up getting crazy jealous and angry that she keeps getting these romantic gestures from an anonymous weirdo and sets out to hunt down the guy that's sending them, but then PLOT TWIST- it's one of their close friends that's a female, not a dude."

Crickets chirp and we all just stare at him in awe. "How did you even think of that?" Jade questions him with concern, the question that all of us were curious about.

"You see well I, haha... the thing is, hahaha.... I just thought of it." Andre looks away from the group with discomfort.

Cat chimes in. "I like your weird idea, Andre. I think it's different."

"Yeah, me too." Robbie says. "But, what if we twist it up at the end even more and have the girl sending them end up in a mental hospital?"

"What for?" I say. However, I do like the idea of involving a hospital. "I think instead of the sender ending up in a mental hospital, she should end up getting murdered by the boyfriend when she gets caught with his girlfriend." There's a pause. "Or we could just make it up as we go along, I don't really care."

Everyone decides to have the plot be Andre's idea and then make up events as we go along, since our brains will constantly be moving and running with thoughts. "Now, who's going to play who?"

There's another silence. "I think that Tori and Beck should be the couple," Cat says. I look over at Jade to make sure she'd be okay with Beck and I playing boyfriend and girlfriend in the film, and she's gives back a quick approving smile, which is the only reassurance I need. "Okay, so everyone agrees with that?" She asks. We all murmur saying yes, and we got on with the cast playing.

Cat ends up playing the role of my character's best friend, and Robbie will be behind the camera directing since he's a very technical guy. Let's be honest here, he is a technology geek. He and Sinjin usually help with the play effects, so we consider it to be a probable plan. Andre decides to be the couples counselor, since we all agree that the couple, Me and Beck, will need help getting over the jealously that will grow throughout the skit.

Beck then asks us all "So, that still leaves one more role that's undetermined." All of our eyes turn to Jade, who stares back with widened eyes.

"Jade, you can be the secret admirer," Andre tells her.

She seems weird about it for a few seconds, and then says "Sure, whatever. That's the cool role anyway."

I look over at the goth, but she avoids making eye contact with me. I see her cheeks start to turn a shade of pink, but mine probably would too if I were her. She's just starting to become my friend and open up to me, and she feels weirded out that she has to play my secret lover. Honestly, I can't say that I wouldn't turn red out of nerves if I were her, because I would.

"Sweet!" Andre says, satisfied with the fact that his idea is actually being followed through with.

I suggest that we all meet back here again after school tomorrow to work on the script, and everyone decides that tomorrow works out great.

Once everyone leaves, I sit alone in my bedroom watching videos on the Internet. I'm really pumped for this assignment, especially since it's something that has never been done at Hollywood Arts before. During my video binging, my phone goes off. Jade sent a group message to everyone saying she thinks the object in the movie that's being sent should be a black rose, because it's mysterious and uncommon, which will add a new aesthetic to her character. Everyone seems to be replying back agreeing with her, so I do the same. I find myself smiling. since the first time we hung out she showed me her photography, and one of the photos was of a black rose. Between her and me, she said how it reminded her of me. She never told me why, but I still think it's sweet that she wants to use black roses for the movie. I think she just made our friendship official, and I am really happy about that. I already knew we were kind of buds, but now I know that she means it. We really are friends now.