The Light in the Dark - (Tori's POV)

This week has been pretty normal at school, actually. It's Wednesday morning and Jade performs in two nights. We're all meeting together over here again in about two hours for our project and its upcoming due date. Jade has been rather distant from me lately, but I'm trying to respect that she's going through a lot right now and is figuring out how to cope with her emotions. I just wish I could help her do that.

I'm a bit nervous as far as Trina being here while Jade is over. I don't know what to expect. I told Trina ahead of time what time everyone's coming and to stay out of the house so we can get a lot done, but who knows what time she'll be back. 

I hear a knock at the door and check the time. It's only 3:00,  we're not meeting until 5. 

I open the door and there's Jade. I haven't spoken to her face to face for longer than a couple minutes here and there this week. Surely we text a bit but it's not the same. She comes in and looks around; Her aura appears anxious. 

"Trina and my parents aren't here, don't worry." 

She relaxes and we sit on the couch. She looks at me and smiles. "Your eyes are beautiful," she says, looking directly into them. I grin humbly and blush a  bit, looking down bashfully. She puts a finger on my chin, lifting it up. Her hand caresses my face and she pulls me in for a sweet kiss, and I feel my heart melting. I'm not used to kissing her, but it's so easy to do. Her lips are soft and she smells like vanilla cherry. She pulls back for a moment and looks at me again. 

"Hey, Vega." She says softly.

"Hey, Jade." 

"People aren't going to be here for a while, you know." As she speaks, she traces her finger from my forehead down my nose, my lips, my chin, and lastly to my chest. 

My heart beats fast. "I don't want to rush into anything." I say, as she softly kisses my neck and my lips turn upright.

"Don't worry," she says with her lips still pressed against my skin, "I can go as slow as you want." She places one hand on my stomach under my top, and I feel my stomach drop as it starts to move upwards. "We have all the time in the world, darling." I slightly pull away, just enough for her to stop and look at my funny. "What's  the problem?"

I look at her and gulp softly. Despite the fact that we're both head over heels for the other, she's still extremely intimidating. "I just don't want things to go so fast. I mean, I'm definitely not ready for us to have sex, and-"

"Whoaaaa, Tori. Slow your roll there," she sits upright and looks at me. "I'm not ready for that either... Okay well I am, but not right this minute. Not here, not now. I just thought we could make-out for a while before everyone starts piling in." She smirks.

I sigh with relief before smirking back at her. "Oh, so you wanna sleep with me, do ya?" I tease.

"Watch yourself, Vega. Don't tempt me." She chuckles and winks before kissing me again. She gets on my lap and straddles my hips, but this time it's nothing more than just that. To my surprise, on Jade's behalf, it's actually a fairly PG session. Just then an alert on my phone goes off and we immediately jump apart.

"Damn, am I ever going to be able to kiss you without that happening?" She jokes with hints of seriousness in her tone. I shrug and smile.

I check my phone and relay the message to her that everyone's carpooling in Beck's RV and will be here shortly. We decide to turn on the TV and grab some sodas to make it as nonchalant as possible, as if we were only hanging the whole time (not that anyone would think otherwise anyway). 

The doorbell rings and I shout "it's open!" 

The whole gang piles in and we dive right into our project. Camera angles, lighting, filming, sets, costumes, the whole package: it's all tying together smoothly. We film scene after scene, take after take, time and time again until we're all satisfied with our material. We decide that the final scene of the day will be where Jade's character, Veronica, tells my character Magdalena, that she's been giving me the roses all along. The only thing is, Jade says she's  going to improvise her character's explanation of everything because she wants it to be a more natural delivery, meanwhile I have scripted lines, so reasonably we all are slightly worried that it won't work out well. Nevertheless, we decide to let Jade improvise her little surprise and hope for the best.