Black Rose - (Tori's POV)

Jade's room really is artistic. The second I entered the door, I was expecting there to be scissors all over the black walls. I was expecting to feel terrified, however I felt the exact opposite. Her room was very comforting, in an odd way that I can't describe. It felt very personal- poetic even. It felt like her room was a representation of her delicate inner emotions that she often hides behind her tough surface. She's a strong girl, mentally and emotionally. There's a whole new side to her that I've never seen before, in fact a majority of people probably never have.

I look over her shoulder at her journal and feel a rush of eagerness throughout my body. I can't help but to want to flip through the pages and discover even more about her. She has a rather mysterious persona, and I do enjoy mysteries. Ooo! Especially suspenseful shows like Law & Order: SVU or Criminal Minds or-

"Hello? Earth to Vega?" My thoughts are interrupted by an impatient Jade who clearly noticed that I was zoned out. She was waving her hand in front of my face.

"Oh, sorry I was just distracted."

"Yeah, no kidding."

Jade gets up and walks over to her desk where her photographs lay. She truly does have a gift for photography. She picks up a picture and turns towards me. "I remember taking this picture and it reminding me of you." She throws the flimsy paper at me and I pick it up and stare. My eyes look at every detail, every pixel. It's a picture of a black rose with water droplets laying on a white table. I look up at her and see her blushing slightly.

"Jade this is beautiful."

"Thanks," she says, her hair falling just enough to cover her eyes. "I don't know why it reminded me of you, but it did. When I took the picture, it just had your name written all over it. Maybe it's because it's so..." her voice trailed off and she didn't finish her sentence.

"It's so... what?" I look at her and notice her face change from a pink shade to a faint red.

Changing the subject after another moment of awkward silence, she says "Let's settle on a song."

I nod my head, trying to disregard the awkward moment we'd just had. It looks like she was trying to do that too.

-------- One Hour Later --------

"And I don't have to; I think you know me."  Jade quietly finishes singing her song, rushing through the lyrics that she wrote. "So, how about that one?"

"I really like that one. I can feel your angry bleeding off the words."

"I just don't want it to seem too..." she snaps her fingers trying to think of a word. "Extreme. I don't want to make a huge deal out of it, but... I don't know."

I sense her holding back words that almost slipped off her tongue, and debate on whether to say anything or not. I don't want to cross roads that have road blocks on them, but I can't keep going straight if I don't merge into the other lane at the least.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I decide to say, unsure as to what her response will be. I'm surprised to hear words that I didn't predict her to say.

"I wrote it about Beck. Not the whole thing, but it's about how he slowly molded himself into my life more and more while we were dating. At first I thought he was only with me because of my looks but," she chuckled softly to herself, "then I realized it was more than that, and I opened up to him more and more."

I find myself walking over to her and resting a hand on her shoulder, which she surprisingly doesn't shake off. "If you need to sing it to get it off your chest, then sing it. It's not about the audience, it's about you. This obviously is important to you, and if it's something that you really care about then I say you go for it."

She finds my eyes and looks back and forth between each one. "Thank you, Tori."