Date Night - (Tori's POV)

[Important Note]: This chapter contains some *slightly* more explicit nsfw content. Read whatever you're comfortable with, and stay safe lovelies. This is my little gift to you as you've all been SOOOO patiently awaiting more chapters. Thank you so much for reading and sticking with me, I'm truly sorry it took me so long to release another chapter for you. Anyways, I hope you enjoy! I WILL BE FINISHING THIS STORY ASAP. <3
____________________________________________________________

I cannot believe everything that just happened... it all feels surreal. After we all left Jade's performance we went out and grabbed dinner as a group, and it felt so liberating to be able to be there with all of them and not have to hide our relationship. I know I still haven't been home yet or faced my family, but I don't want to think about that right now. Actually, I don't want to think about anything right now except for my beautiful, bewitching, and mysteriously-hot girlfriend that I am extremely proud of in this moment. 

After hanging out with our friends, we plan to go back to Jade's place (just as we had already discussed doing). She said she had a "surprise" for me. I'm the one who should be giving her a surprise - it is her special day after all. I feel guilty for not planning anything, but again, I'm trying not to ruin the moment by overthinking. I know that she's more than happy to be doing something for me, and the thought of her being happy like that is validating enough for me. So shut up, brain, and let my woman drive. 

Jade leads me into her empty house and guides me over to her bedroom door. "Stay here," she insists before quickly sliding into her room and closing the door behind her. The last time I was out here and she was in there she was bawling her eyes out... I'm glad we're able to rewrite over that now with a better memory.

Moments pass and the door opens. "Okay Vega, close your eyes and hold out your arm."

"You know, if you asked me to do this a month ago I would have thought you were leading me to my doom."

"Who says I'm not?" She grins and I do too. "Go on, do it." I do as she says impatiently.

She takes my hand and guides me into her room, locking the door behind us. 

"Okay, open." 

When my eyes open I see flowers, rose petals, and candles sprinkled all around her room. The palette of the petals are a mixture from solid black to multiple different colors. She nervously rambles in explaining to me that they symbolize our relationship, the significance of the black rose and the way she saw it as color - the way she sees me as a light in her life - it's a story. I look at her in amazement and can't help but smile from ear to ear. "Wow..." I'm speechless. Nobody's ever done something so meaningfully romantic for me before. "You did all of this for me?" I ask in awe. 

She nods. "Look I know it's cringeworthy but I know you love this stuff... well, I suppose that I do too... or whatever... but I just wanted to do something to show you that I appreciate you a lot." She smiles warmly. 

"Jade," I start, "you're remarkable. Thank you for doing this... you have no idea how much this- how much you mean to me."

She shakes her head. "I'm the one who should be saying thank you. After everything you've done for me, even after I was so mean to you leading up to all of this... You've helped me more than you could know." She takes my hand and squeezes it lovingly. "It's because of you that I'm able to grow into my best self, and I cannot thank you enough for that. Thank you for giving me, well... me."

I smile as water fills my eyes and I bring her hand up to my lips, kissing it softly and holding it tight. "It's been my honor. Thank you for letting me in and allowing for me to help you. You've helped me a lot too you know. You've shown me what it feels like to be loved right, and how it truly feels to be in love."