seven: no more hiding

I woke up the next morning feeling high off of Kurt, and at that point we couldn't keep our hands off of each other

     I woke up the next morning feeling high off of Kurt, and at that point we couldn't keep our hands off of each other. I had somehow ended up wearing nothing but Kurt's sweater that was too big for me, and was sitting on the edge of the kitchen counter playing my guitar. Kurt was leaned up against the fridge smirking at me with a mouthful of cookies, crumbs falling from his mouth.
"Let's go out, we haven't ate real food in like three days." Kurt made his way over to me, looking as adorable as ever.
"We had pancakes last night. That's real food." I told him, still trying out a new song.
"Violet, those weren't any better than the last batch I made you. He chuckled, putting his hands on either side of me, leaning against the counter.
He kissed my face, and I sat down my guitar.
"If you don't stop doing that, I don't think we're ever gonna leave this house again." I told him, chills running up my spine the closer he became.
"Mmm. Fine with me. I guess we'll just starve then." He smirked, grabbing my hips and pulling them towards him as he leaned against me.
"Fuck, Kurt." I gasped as he caught me completely off gaurd.
"What's that Violet? What do you want me to do?" He smiled, knowing damn well that he was driving me crazy. He ran his fingers through my hair and his eyes were almost hypnotizing. I locked my legs around him as I kissed him roughly. He lifted me in air and moved us to the couch as I wrapped myself completely in him once more. He kissed my neck, trailing down my stomach as I suddenly heard a noise. I grabbed his head, stopping him as my heart began to race even more.
"What's wrong?" He asked me, concern in his voice.
"Shhh. Wait. I think I hear a car coming up the driveway." I quickly stood up and ran to the window.
"Shit!!!!! Oh fuck, my parents are back. What do we do?! Upstairs, hurry!!" I yelled, grabbing his hand and pulling him up the steps behind me. I quickly opened my window as we entered my room.
"Just go out this way. You can make it. I used to sneak out my window all the time." I told him, a hint of panic lingering in my voice.
He smirked at me and quickly kissed my forehead.
"Kurt? I love you."  I watched him climb out the window and onto the small tree.
"And I love you." He smiled, becoming closer and closer to the ground.
"Oh shit. Half my clothes are downstairs!" I told him as he made it to the ground. He smirked up at me and reached into his pocket, pulling out my underwear and holding it in the air.
"You can thank me later." He winked, a smirk still playing on his face.
"Kurt!!!" I laughed, but soon heard footsteps coming up the stairs. My eyes grew wide and he knew what was going on. I blew him a kiss before quickly shutting the window as he walked farther from the house.
"We're home, honey!" My parents walked into my room and my heart accelerated as I wondered if I had accidentally left anything laying around that wasn't supposed to be.
"Why does it smell so funny in here?" My mom asked, sniffing the air.
"Oh, um. Yeah, I burnt a lot of food while you guys were gone." I told them, trying not to laugh.
"Well, I guess we need to teach you how to cook then." She said, eyeballing my room.
"Yeah, guess so." I bit my lip, wishing they would get out already.
"Do you need us to drop you off at Lauren's later? It's your study night isn't it?" My mom asked as my bearded, overweight dad stood there with his arms crossed, looking around my room.
My heart sank when I remembered I no longer had a band together after what happened with Lauren. But, I suddenly thought of a genius plan.
"Uh, yeah. It is. I guess I'll need to go in a few hours." I told them, thinking the plan over in my mind.
"Alright, we'll leave around six. Be ready then." They left my room, and I flopped down onto my bed in relief. I grabbed the phone that I had left laying next to my bed, and began dialing Krist's number. It rang three times before someone answered, that obviously wasn't Krist.
"Miss me already?" Kurt's soft voice said from the other line. I grinned.
"Obviously. I was just calling to tell you to pick me up in front of Lauren's house a little after six. My parents think I still need to go over there. So I thought I would use it as an excuse to see you."  I smiled into the phone.
"You're brilliant, Violet. Your chariot awaits. Whatcha wanna do when I pick you up?" A grin was in his voice, and all I wanted was to be in his arms.
"It doesn't matter, I gotta go though before my parents catch me. I'll see you around six then?" I smiled before we said our goodbyes and I began waiting on the time to pass. The longer I was alone, the sadder I became about the band. We were doing so good and Lauren just had to ruin it all. I had no idea where to go from there. Music was my passion and I refused to stop playing and give up hope because my bitch of a friend betrayed me. I stared up at my ceiling, looking for different patterns in the textures of paint until it was time to go.
"I won't need a ride back home, Lauren's family will bring me. I'll see you guys in a little while." I told my parents, shutting the door behind me before they drove away. I began to get anxious, hoping Lauren wouldn't look out the window and see me sitting on the curb. Thankfully, Kurt pulled up not long after I was there.
We drove around the block, and Kurt could immediately tell something was wrong with me.
"Kurt, I don't know what to do about the band now. What the fuck do I do?!" I sighed, leaning my head against the window. He frowned a bit, furrowing his eyebrows in thought.
"Well. You could try to push what happened aside and don't speak to her as a friend, only for band reasons. But I know that would cause problems and probably wouldn't be smart. I mean you obviously can't trust her. I'll be on the lookout for some bass players. I'll let you know if I come across any." He reached over and grabbed my hand, his eyes focused on the road.
"Okay. Thank you, Kurt."  I smiled slightly, feeling a bit better.
"Violet, listen to me. Don't quit music because of her. Don't you dare do that. You're fucking talented. We will find you a replacement. We'll figure it out. I'll help you. But you cannot give up, okay?" He kissed my hand and it were as if my entire world had fallen back into place. It was insane how much better he could make me feel. We drove to the record store and walked around browsing the different vinyls that were on sale, losing ourselves in the massive boxes filled to the brim for awhile. The bell on the door rang, indicating that someone else had walked inside. I turned around and glanced out of curiosity, and clenched my fists in anger as soon as I caught sight of who it was.
"Kurt.." I spoke through clenched teeth, my face turning red with anger. Lauren stood there in the entrance of the store, stopping dead in her tracks when she saw us standing a few feet away. She bit her lip, blushing with an indecisive look on her face as if she wasn't sure if she should leave or not.
"Violet, I'm really sorry about what happened. I don't know what got into me. I guess maybe I had too much to drink and.."
"That's nice Lauren, but I really don't wanna fucking hear it right now. Have a nice day." I cut her off before she could finish speaking, and stormed out the door with Kurt following behind me.
"Violet, you're going to explode if you don't calm down." Kurt told me after ten minutes of sitting in the parking lot in silence.
"I just never imagined she would do that, Kurt. I don't wanna speak to her anymore, but I do. But, I can't fucking trust her anymore and I want to rip off her head." I was shaking with anger still, and I don't know why the sight of her alone made me so mad.
"You guys were close, Violet. And she did something very wrong to you. It's okay to feel this way, anyone would. Maybe in the future you can work things out but I think it best to keep your distance for awhile. We'll get you a new bass player. Everything will fall into place, you'll see." Kurt's voice was impossibly soothing. In that moment, it hit me why I had been angrier than I'd ever felt. Kurt was everything to me. Losing him to someone else would be my worst nightmare. Especially to my closest friend. Kurt lifted me up more than anyone ever had. The love and support coming from his voice alone made it impossible not to believe what he was telling me. I kissed his cheek, a tiny tear falling from my eyes. He pulled me closer, wrapping an arm around me as we sat in silence huddled against each other on the curb outside the record store.
Night had fallen and I had to be home soon. I hated leaving Kurt. I was the happiest when I was with him than I had ever been. Our kiss lingered as we sat in the car near my house, and it took everything I had in me to get out of the car.
"Can you just kidnap me?" I asked him as he played with my hair. He chuckled.
"I don't really wanna go to jail, but I guess I would if it meant I could keep you." He smirked.
"I love you. I don't wanna go inside but I gotta. I'll find a way to see you tomorrow or something." I told him, kissing his nose before opening the door.
"Would your parents really hate me that bad?" His eyes looked hopeful but worried of my answer.
"Well. I guess we're about to find out, whether we like it or not." I could barely form the words and my heart pounded out of my chest as I saw my parents walking towards the car.
Kurt's eyes grew large with fear. It was too late for him to just drive away. We were fucked. He took my hand, holding on so tight that my fingers went numb.
"And just what the hell do you think you're doing young lady?!" My mom's voice shook with anger as she grabbed me by the hair, jerking me out of the car. She let go, making me fall to the ground. Kurt looked furious and terrified. He ran over and helped me up, and I looked him in the eyes, telling him with my expression to not say anything. I knew it'd only make things worse.
"Who are you?! And what gives you the right to put your hands on our daughter?" My father asked, rudely. I honestly wanted nothing more than to punch both of them in the face in that moment. Kurt took a deep breath and squeezed my hand.
"I'm Kurt. Kurt Cobain. And with all due respect sir, what exactly gives your wife the right to grab your daughter like that? It's really cruel. I don't appreciate it much and I'm sure Violet doesn't either." Kurt spoke very politely, but I knew it still wouldn't go over well with them. My father sighed, his face turning red with anger.
"Alright, in the house. Both of you. You have some explaining to do." My father put his hands on our backs, gently pushing us towards the front door. The only thing stopping me from collapsing were Kurt's bright blue eyes staring into mine, even though they were flooded with the fear we both had of losing what we had. We followed my mother inside, our eyes locked on each other as we awaited what we knew would be a horrible outcome.