thirty one: be my angel

He hit me again, and again.
All I could do was push myself farther back against the cold wall, hoping that I would somehow be able to morphe into it, and become one with it.
"Your mother has told me how much of a shitty daughter you are. Its about time you get a taste of this. You deserve a beating, and a good one. You stupid little slut. From now on you'll do as told. No more of this bullshit." He snarled, raising his hand up once again. I cringed at what was to come, and threw up my hands in an attempt to protect myself.
"A slut? Who's the slut, huh? Me? Or my mother who is screwing you while still married to my father..who is dying! Who's the slut?!" I yelled angrily, and kicked him in the face as powerfully as I could.
I had to escape before he tore me to pieces.
I had to fight. I refused to give in to defeat.
Steve yelled out in pain, but mostly anger.
I knew I had really pissed him off now, and I didn't want to stick around long enough to find out what he would do to me next.
I made a run for the stairs, out of breath and in tears as my face ached.
He grabbed my ankle, and jerked me backwards, causing me to plumet straight to the floor.
The expression that was now twisted onto his face was something only a sicko could achieve.
"Oh, Violet. You've done it now. Boy, have you really done it." He huffed, slowly coming towards me with his hand on his zipper.
"No..no...no!!!" I spoke with a petrified voice, backing away as quickly as I could with the force of my hands.
It was too late, he had me and I couldn't escape.
His hands forcefully shoved my arms to the floor as he hovered over me.
All I knew to do was scream.
Even though no one could hear me.
No one could save me.
My lungs refused to stop screaming.
"Shut the fuck up." He spat angrily, placing a hand over my mouth as he tried to make the screams subside.
I squirmed as much as I could, kicking my legs wildly as I tried everything to stop what he was going to do to me.
There was suddenly a loud crash downstairs, and the sound of running feet.
"Scream. Scream, Violet. Don't stop screaming." I told myself in my mind, wondering what the fuck was happening.
I bit Steve's thumb that he had shoved into my mouth, causing him to jerk away in pain.
I didn't hold back the odd, terrified sounds escaping my mouth.
"Help!!! Somebody please fucking help me!!!" I screamed as loudly as I could, and couldn't believe the sight I was seeing.
Kurt was running up the stairs in front of me as if his life depeneded on it.
"Who the fuck are you and what the fuck do you think you're doing?"
Kurt was furious. He was fuming.
Relief and shock flooded through me all at once, and releasing in the form of tears.
"Violet..oh god..what the fuck happened.." Kurt spoke softly to me with a quivering voice, his hands gently rested on the sides of my face as he observed my injuries.
I didn't even know what to tell him first, I could barely speak.
His big blue eyes were full of worry and panic, he looked as if he may cry.
"Kurt..he..he tried to.." I stuttered, my bottom lip quivering.
His eyes widdened as he gritted his teeth.
He. Was. Pissed.
Kurt lunged towards Steve, his hands going straight for his throat.
"You piece of fucking shit!! I'll kill you!!! I'll fucking kill you!!" Kurt screamed as he pushed him towards the wall.
Steve pushed back, and Kurt fell to the floor. He was larger than Kurt, but Kurt was full of rage, and it didn't seem to scare him.
"Kurt!!!" I screamed, becoming more and more nervous for his safety.
Everything seemed like one giant blur.
The cops were now coming up the stairs, grabbing Steve and putting him in handcuffs.
Kurt rushed back over to me, his eye slightly bruised from the fight.
"Violet..shhh. Its over..I've got you baby..I've got you. You're coming with me, alright? No more. You're safe now. Shhh." Kurt's voice was so sweet and soothing that it made me cry even more.
What would I do without him?
What would have happened if Kurt didn't walk in at the right time?
God, I was so thankful for him.
My mom was now in front of us as Kurt held me in his arms, not daring to let go.
"Mom..how fucking could you..you didn't even help me. Your own daughter! Do you know what he was trying to do to me up here mom, huh?! Do you?!" I screamed, hot tears stinging my eyes.
Kurt gently rubbed my back, pulling me in even closer to him.
"I'm sorry Violet. I couldn't help you, he would have killed me, I didn't know how to save you." She cried.
"I'm taking your daughter with me. Where she will be loved and she will be safe. You can kiss my ass. Arrest me. Whatever. But, she's coming with me. I love Violet more than anything. Unlike you." Kurt spoke with absolutely no hesitation in his voice.
"I don't think so. She's going back to New York. To live with her aunt."
I immediately pinched the inside of Kurt's arm, signaling for him to go along with it.
"Fine. I'll go back there. At least aunt Laura actually gives a shit about me. You never will." I angrily walked into my bedroom and grabbed my things, Kurt took them from me to carry himself as he noticed me wince in pain.
"Kurt is taking me to the airport. I don't care what you say, or what you try to do. You've already shown me and everyone else that I'm not safe here. Bye mom."
I couldn't hold in the tears that were falling from my eyes.
I couldn't process everything that was happening, and I didn't want to.
I wanted to go into my own world with Kurt.
Our world.
Away from the bullshit and lost in each other.
I ran to his car, and collapsed into the front seat.
Kurt followed behind with his arms full of my things, a look of sorrow and helplessness on his face.
"I got back early..I was waiting here and I heard your screams, Vi. God..you don't understand how scared I was, Violet. I couldn't get to you fast enough." Kurt seemed very distraught, and was grasping my hand with a good amount of strength, as if I may slip away.
"Kurt..you fucking saved me." I grabbed his face and pressed my lips against his, causing a sigh of relief to escape him.
He turned up the car radio, the Pixies' song "La La Love You" was blasted into my ears, and I suddenly felt my heart sink as I noticed the way Kurt was looking at me.
"All I'm saying pretty baby, la la love you, don't mean maybe."
Kurt smiled at me, as if silently telling me those words were for me.
The day had took an insane turn, my nerves were totally shot.
But, I had Kurt by my side now.
And no one could stop us.