sixteen: midnight roses

"So, did you decide to accept my apology?" Lauren's sarcastic voice spoke from the phone as I sighed. I stood against my bedroom wall, peering out my window as my heart began to beat faster. I decided to skip her question and move on with my own.
"I actually have a favor to ask you. Ya know, since you basically owe me one anyway." I told her, the anger still swirling somewhere deep down inside me.
"Oh, do I?" She said, almost in disbelief that I would even say such a thing.
Again, I ignored her comment.
"Will you tell my parents that I'm going on a trip or something with you this weekend? Cover for me? Please?" I crossed my fingers, chewing on my bottom lip as I hoped with everything in me that she would go along with it.
"I mean, sure. I guess. But why should I do something for you if you don't even want to be my friend?" The tone of her voice sounded slightly annoyed.
"Okay. If you wanna go here again, we will. You kissed my fucking boyfriend, Lauren! What do you expect?! You're asking for my friendship back, but you won't even do something simple for me. Typical Lauren. Sorry I fucking called." Tears filled my eyes as I almost hung up the phone.
"Wait!!! Violet, wait!!! I'm sorry! I'll do it!! Sorry I'm being a bitch. I just miss you." She said, a hint of sincerity in her voice.
"It's okay. Just call them in about an hour or so. I know you can come up with something. I really appreciate it, Lauren. Thanks." I wiped my tears away, a billion thoughts racing through my head. For a few moments, I almost wanted to tell her how much I missed her, and how badly I wanted things to be like they were before between us. But, then came the anger that always slid up the back of my throat each time I saw her face locked against Kurt's in my mind.
"Sure thing." Sadness lingered in her voice, but I was out of things to say. We said our goodbyes, and I spent the next couple of hours pacing the floors while awaiting to hear my parents approval. I was beginning to pack my bags anyway, daydreaming of the weekend I was about to share with Kurt as I heard footsteps walking up the stairs. My eyes grew wide as I quickly grabbed the bag I was packing and slung it underneath my bed.
"Violet honey, we just got a call from Lauren. Do you want to go with her and her family on a road trip this weekend?" My mom asked, silently giving my room a quick look over to make sure I wasn't doing anything I wasn't supposed to be doing.
"Um, sure. I'd love to." I smirked, thinking about Kurt in my mind, and the fact that I would be with him all weekend.
"Great, just give her a call back and let her know."
"Ugh" I thought to myself.
My mom began to leave my room, but quickly turned around.
"Oh, she says you're leaving tomorrow afternoon. So you might wanna start packing. " She smiled.
"Oh, um..really? Great!" I exclaimed, silently screaming on the inside. Once I was alone again in my room, I quickly grabbed the phone, but not to call Lauren. I dialed the number to Krist's place, knowing that Kurt would probably be over there. Before I could press the last number, I heard a rock hit my window.
"You've got to be fucking kidding me." I smiled anxiously to myself, knowing damn well who it was. I practically ran to the window, quickly opening it up and almost knocking over a lamp in the process.
There he stood, standing under a tree full of blooming flowers, half hidden in the dark. A grin that spoke "Who, me? I didn't do it." was plastered across his face, his dimples showing as his hair fell in his eyes.
"What the fuck are you doing here, Cobain?!" I whispered, laughing to myself at how he was ducking behind a trash can to hide.
"Your parents are old fuckers, they won't know. And besides, it's not like I don't know where their bedroom is anyway." He winked, smirking at me.
"Kurt!!!" I laughed, wanting nothing more but to be able to jump down from my tower of doom to hug him.
"Can you come?!" He said excitedly, putting a large flower behind his ear. I laughed, melting over how fucking cute he was.
"I'm all yours for the weekend, Kurt. And I guess to be nice, she told them I would need to leave tomorrow." I smiled, watching his eyes light up with excitement.
I couldn't stand it anymore, I signaled for him to wait a second, and made my way down the stairs and quietly out the door, leaving it cracked so I could get back in.
I stayed close to the house, creeping behind a row of bushes and made a run straight for Kurt. He pulled me close against his chest, and instant relief flooded through me. Kurt felt like home. He kissed the top of my head, caressing my face as he directed it to look at his.
"I couldn't help it, I had to come tell you good night at least." I told him, trying to be as quiet as I possibly could. I looked into his eyes, feeling dizzy, but in the best way.
Even though I was risking getting into trouble and my stomach was slightly churning with fear, there was something very relaxing in that moment as I stood there with Kurt. The stars were out, and we were surrounded under leaves and flowers. I wanted to just run away him, but knew I needed to go inside before I got caught.
"So I'll pick you up at six tomorrow?" He smiled, intertwining his fingers in mine.
"I'd just run away with you now if I could, Kurt. But six is good." I grinned.
"You should." He smirked, taking the flower he had behind his ear and putting it behind mine.
"Fuck, don't do that to me. I really will run away with you" I thought to myself.
He kissed me with a ridiculous amount of passion, leaving me weak in the knees. It took everything I had to pull away from him.
I went to bed that night barely able to sleep. I twirled the flower in my hand as I thought about the days to come. No more hiding. No more separation.