nineteen: an interrupted dream

"Kurt, breathe

    "Kurt, breathe. You're going to do
amazing." I told him, assuringly. His head was hovering above the toilet as I did anything I could to comfort him. He was nervous. Very nervous.
He gripped his stomach as a wince came over his face.
"Violet, I don't know if I can." He told me, hunching himself over as another wave of pain seemed to hit him.
I sighed, feeling a bit helpless. I hated seeing him in distress.
I gently took his face in my hands, holding it so that I could look him in the eyes.
"Kurt, look at me. You can. I know you can. I know it's scary. I was terrified. But,  if I can do it, I know you can too." I kissed his forehead, and he smiled slightly.
After another ten minutes of trying to assure Kurt that everything would be just fine, we were suddenly walking out into the cool night air towards the venue.
I held his hand, which was slightly shaking with fear.
I quickly raised it to my face, giving it a quick kiss. He smirked a little and slung his arm around me, lovingly and protectively. 
"I love you." He told me, our destination in plain sight now.
He sighed nervously and opened the door for me as we walked inside. The place wasn't crowded. Yet.
Sound check seemed to go pretty smoothly, and I was glad to see that Kurt's nerves seemed to ease up some.
My lips were locked onto his as we stood at the side of the stage. I made sure to give him a kiss that would linger in his mind. My fingers were in his hair, gently caressing it back from his face as the kiss grew to be more powerful.
His eyes were filled with passion as he slowly pulled away, slightly out of breath.
"Now, go kick some ass. I'll be right in front staring at you in awe." I chuckled.
He blushed a little, making it hard for me to not sink straight into the floor from how cute he was.
He gave me a kiss on the forehead, and I made my way down to the front of the crowd.
"Good evening." He spoke lowly into the microphone, looking absolutely adorable.
Without another comment, he broke into the first song.
"Won't you believe it, it's just my luck!"
He belted out "School", and the crowd seemed to be getting into it pretty well.
There was something about when Kurt was up there on stage. He made magic. Nirvana was loud that night, very loud. They always were. But, that night had an extra intensity to it that couldn't be explained. The wooden floor underneath my boots vibrated, along with my chest. Kurt's sound waves slammed straight into me, his loud, passionate screams made my hair stand on end and I was put into a trance. It were as if I were being caressed by his voice alone.
I smiled, staring at him with intent as I floated in a daze.
I noticed him glance at me in between songs, he moved his long hair back from his face a bit before winking at me. My heart was in a puddle, and I wanted him so badly.
I was suddenly broken from my trance that Kurt had put me in, when I felt a guy run into me a bit roughly. I realized that I was in a crowd, people were jumping around wildly, enjoying the music, and I tried to blow it off.
I didn't have time to think another thought before I felt a powerful hit to the side of my head.
I sank to the ground in shock, but mostly because the room was now spinning and I could no longer hold my balance.
My ears rang, and I wrapped my arms around my head as I curled into a ball.
"Are you fucking serious?! Look what the fuck you did!! Look what you did to her! Someone throw this asshole out before I break his fucking face!" Kurt's voice was coming from somewhere above me, but I didn't move.
"I don't fucking care if you were into our music, that's no god damn excuse to hit my girlfriend upside the head and almost knock her unconscious, get the fuck out. We don't hurt girls. Not here, buddy." Kurt sounded angry, very angry.
"Vi? Vi..please tell me you're alright. Let me see your head, is it bleeding? It's not swelling or anything is it? Do we need to take you to the hospital?" Kurt was a frantic mess, his arm around me, gently lifting me off the floor.
"Kurt, I'm alright. Relax." I told him, wincing a little as I felt a slight throb in my head.
"The hell you are!!! Violet, you're getting a fucking black eye!!! Where'd he go?!? Where'd he fucking go?!" He yelled, angrily as he began scanning the crowd for any sign of him. He looked as if he wanted to rip the guys head off. I grabbed his hand, stopping him from going any farther.
"Kurt, he left. It's not even worth it. I'll be alright. Finish the show. All these people are waiting. I'm going to be fine." I kissed his cheek, trying to reassure him in any way I could.
"You promise? Promise me you're alright, Violet." His bright blue eyes were filled with worry and concern.
He finally took my word for it, and made his way quickly back to the stage.
The crowd had thinned out some since the random fight, but a good amount of people stuck around, and the last few songs were even more powerful than the first. Kurt seemed to have put all his anger into the last of their performance, I could see the veins popping out of his neck as he gave it everything he had. He smashed his guitar onto the stage before jumping straight into the drum set, and the crowd applauded him wildly.
I smiled, feeling proud of him.
Kurt immediately made his way back to me when the show was over, asking if I was okay once again.
"Kurt, that was amazing. I'm so proud of you baby." I told him before grabbing his face and kissing him deeply.
"Thank you very much." He smiled, squeezing me tightly in his arms.
We drank a few drinks, my head feeling better as we laughed with each other at the bar.
We were unable to keep our hands off of each other, and decided to go back to our hotel room.
"Want me to make you forget all about that pain in your head?" He winked, slightly chuckling as we stumbled into the door, placing the "do not disturb" sign on it before shutting it behind us.
"Mhmm. Please do, doctor Cobain." I laughed, his gaze already melting me to the floor. His warm hands grabbed me by the waist, pulling me closer to him as he smirked at me.
His lips against mine were like heaven, and I never wanted to leave.
We got lost in the kiss, barely stopping for air as we rolled across the bed.
The rest of the world was halted, and nothing else existed but the two of us.
We were suddenly interrupted from being lost in our own perfect universe when we heard a knock at the door.
I looked at Kurt, confused.
"It's probably Krist, I'll get it." He smiled, kissing me once more before making his way to the door.
And that was the moment our fairytale had been hit with a curse.
"You give me our daughter!!! Where is she?! Where's Violet?!" My mother's angry voice boomed from the other side. Kurt turned to look at me, shock in his eyes and his face white as a ghost.