thirty eight: collision

I returned home to Aberdeen with Kurt by my side for my father's funeral. After that grueling experience, I was positive I couldn't have made it through without him.
We received glares from my mother, but I didn't give a shit, and neither did Kurt. There was no sign of the piece of shit who she decided to be with,  but my aunt made sure to let me know that he was still around.
  Kurt didn't leave my side the entire trip. I even caught him staring out my window at me as I checked the mail one morning.

"Kurt..I'm not going to trip over my shoe string and break into a thousand pieces or something..its alright. You can relax a little." I told him, smiling at him as I watched his cheeks begin to turn a light shade of pink.

"I'm sorry, Vi. It's just your luck with certain things makes me nervous..it seems people look at you and think they can just fucking attack or something, I don't know. I have to protect you..okay? I don't like being around here and not knowing what's going on with you is all..who knows where that sick fuck is at. I can't let anything like that happen again, Violet." Kurt had his hands pressed firmly against the sides of my face, making sure that I was looking into his eyes.

He made me melt straight into the floor. The amount that he cared about me, left me almost speechless. I wasn't sure how I got so lucky to have Kurt in my life, but I was certain that he was a fucking angel.

Krist and Dave were meeting us in Seattle, the first stop of the tour.
The future was looking brighter than it had before, which slightly scared me for some reason.

"Violet if you have a band by the next tour, we could fucking tour together. Do you know how amazing that would be?!" Kurt was gleaming, the expression on his face quite possibly the most adorable thing I'd ever seen.

"Yeah, Kurt.  That'd be a fucking dream..that's for sure." I smiled, taking a sip of my coffee and letting my eyes linger around the tiny cafe we were sitting in. All of the talk about the future was beginning to make my anxiety rise, but it wasn't until I noticed the dark haired girl sitting at a table not far from ours, that my grip on Kurt's hand tightened.

"Um, Kurt. I think we need to maybe leave..I don't feel very comfortable now." I told him, shifting in my seat so that I was being hidden behind him.

"What? Why? What's wrong? Krist and Dave will be here soon. Is it something I said?" He furrowed his eyebrows, looking into my eyes with a confused glare as he began to shift around himself.

"No, Kurt. I think your..well..ex girlfriend is here." I told him, biting my lip and trying to avoid looking towards her table.

His eyes grew slightly larger, then lingered behind me for a moment in search of her until he realized she was  sitting in my direction.

"Well, don't worry about it." He grabbed my hand again, and raised it to his mouth. His warm lips pressed firmly against my hand soothed me, as his blue eyes pierced my fears.

"What the fuck is up, shitheads?!" Krist's loud voice was coming from somewhere behind me, and a smile was suddenly plastered across Kurt's face.

"Damn, Krist! Could we go to one place where you don't get us kicked out?" Kurt chuckled, moving closer to me so that Krist and Dave could sit down.

"We'll see about it on this here tour..are you fuckers ready?! Violet..I hope you're ready to do at least a couple of songs at a few of the shows." Krist smiled, eyeing Kurt to watch his gleaming approval.

"Violet, fuck..please!!!" Kurt grinned as his mind lingered on what Krist had just said.  

I smiled at the three of them for a moment, and couldn't help but feel a bit warm and fuzzy inside. I knew I was looking at three guys who were about to make history in the either near or far future. Time would only tell, but the talent was there. There was something unique about Nirvana, the sound that they omited made you think "What is that? I need to hear more." I suddenly found myself feeling very lucky. I was about to travel around, and truly be free for the first time in my life, and I couldn't have been with a better group of guys. I felt safe, and knew that all three of them truly had my back.