Chapter Seven

7

::Kylie's POV::

I made sure to avoid any forms of communication with Levi for the remainder of the break. I didn't have time for him or his stupid games. He was a complete asshole.

I was just walking into the building when he began walking alongside me. My eyes gave in to the need to roll. I hope he wasn't expecting me to forgive him.

"That girl was nothing to me Kylie..." He said.

I just kept walking. I didn't have time for this. The hall was nearly cleared and that meant I was about to be late.

"Harmless fun.." He tried again.

Still, I kept walking. I wasn't giving in to this bullshit.

"I don't even know her name" he said .

I stopped and smiled. "You think that makes me feel better? You kiss me one night then mess around with some random girl?" I tried to remain calm but my patience was running a little thin. "Or am I the random girl?" I asked as the smile faded. Maybe it was a mistake to even try to advance our so called 'friendship.'

"No," he said. "You're the only girl."

I started walking again with the smile back on my face. Did he think I was stupid?

I stopped at my locker and entered the combination. I got all the stuff I needed for my first few classes. As I finished up, I turned around to see Levi directly in front of me. Why couldn't he just give up.

I tried moving to both sides but he still blocked my escape. I had literally two minutes to make it to class and my first period was all the way on the other side of the building.

"Move Levi," I tried saying as calmly as I could. He just stood there, staring at me with apologetic eyes. No, that wasn't working this time. I wasn't falling for it.

"MOOOOVVVVEEEEEE," I spoke again louder, almost yelling.

"No," he replied calmly. "Kylie I really care about you--

I couldn't control it now. Anger surged throughout my body and the palm of my hand fiercely collapsed into his left cheek.

He took a deep breath as his head was still cocked to the side. "I deserved that."

I was pissed. "Move the hell out of the way," I demanded.

"Forgive me, please," he pleaded.

I turned my head, looking down the empty halls, and crossed my arms. "I guess we're both going to be late for class. And that'll be a detention for you right?" I asked him.

"I'll wait here all day," he stated. I could tell he was serious from the look of determination filling his eyes.

I took a step toward him and tilted my head up. He was 6'1 and my neck was nearly craned in order to look him in the eyes.

"I rather get hit by a bus," I said then hit him to make him move. He hadn't saw it coming so he lost his balance and fell back a little.

I started to walk to my class until his voice stopped me.

"I really am sorry," he said in defeat and now I could finally tell that he meant it. He knew what he did was wrong but I was extremely good at holding grudges and he wasn't exempt from that.

I turned around to face him.

"Just.... just give me one more chance," he asked.

"No," I replied simply and bluntly. I didn't care about apologies. I felt like most of the time, people only used them to make others forget about the bad that they'd done. Apologies didn't prove anything and they certainly didn't change anything.

"Please," he added. I just stared at him, reading every emotion on his face. I was about to say no again when he continued.