Chapter Nineteen

19

::Kylie's POV::

I got out of the car and smiled. The air here seemed lighter, fresher. We were in Florida after all. It had taken us fours hours on a plane to get here, but it was worth it. He was worth it.
I smiled, just thinking of Levi. And though I wasn't thrilled at first, I was glad he was getting his chance at his dream. I was proud of him.
Next, Tyler got out of the car. His eyes were fixed on me until his mother spoke. I would tell Levi everything, but not immediately. I knew how much Levi meant to me and I didn't want to lose him over what I had with Tyler...not that we had anything at all!
Sure we'd kissed a couple of times, but it meant absolutely nothing. Nothing compared to what I expected when my lips would finally be back on Levi's.
"Okay you guys. We're going to check-in here and then go to the school," Ms. Thompkins spoke.
I just nodded my head and walked directly behind her, praying that Tyler wouldn't try anything if I was next to his mother.
We walked into the beautiful hotel and after a few short minutes of verifying our visit, we went to our rooms to freshen up. We all had our own room, each at least give doors apart. Ms. Thompkins did mention wanting to give us space, which yet again, was another one of her great ideas.
I looked around in awe. A canopy bed, a balcony overlooking the city, this room was HUGE. But then I thought..First class, now separate hotel suites. I couldn't help but wonder how much this trip would cost Ms. Thompkins, but at the same time, I wondered what else she had in store for us.
I slowly stepped out of my clothes and into the shower, letting the steaming water calm my nerves. I was extremely excited to see Levi. It had been weeks since the last time we were in one another's arm, and now as the clock so slowly ticked down to our reuniting, I couldn't contain myself.
I got out of the shower and walked out of the bathroom, near my bed. It was a king size, which was way too huge for just me. Despite the fact that the only thing that currently covered me was a towel, I stepped onto the balcony, soaking up the warm sun and cool wind. I heard my phone buzz from inside, so I went and checked it. Every step of the way, I hoped that it would be Levi. A text saying that he couldn't wait to see me.. Or one that urged us to get there quickly, showing his impatience. I was extremely too anxious and once I saw that the text didn't come from him, my heart sank a little.
The text was from Ms. Thompkins actually. She was instructing me to meet her at the car in ten minutes. I responded with a simple 'k' as if I was actually ready and sat down my phone so I could scurry towards my suitcase to pick out an outfit. Expectations of today ran though my mind. It was going to be.. Awesome.

"Yes they are just leaving practice, so they should be showering up. You are welcome to wait outside the locker room," the receptionist spoke and pointed, putting the call she was occupied with on hold. Her straight golden blonde hair laid perfectly down her back and I imagined her to be very pretty when she was younger.
"Thank you," Ms. Thompkins said and headed in the direction which the lady guided. Tyler and I just followed like lost puppies as we seemed so small in the ginormous athletic building. Pictures and trophies covered each wall indicating how successful they were as a team. The colors orange, blue and green were the only things visible for what seemed like miles.
We eventually came to a stop after seeing other parents waiting near a set of doors. They were all antsy, especially the moms. The dads were more excited to just be there, not necessarily to see their sons though. And that made me wonder. Where was Levi and Tyler's dad? I know he was a retired Lieutenant General or whatever and all, but why wasn't he with his family? Why was he never able to come home? Thanksgiving and Christmas were spent without him this year, though I'd heard Levi mention something about him not living too far away. He didn't even appear over the phone, or on letters. He was just... Distant. So distant.
Suddenly I heard commotion, but it wasn't from the doors that we'd been standing in front of. It was a group of girls, coming down the hall. I comprehended that they were cheerleaders after I saw the neon orange and sparkly blue Pom Poms in their hands. I watched as some of them tried to hold back their excitement, but this was an impossible task for them. Some of the parents faced the girls and greeted them. Soooo... This wasn't just a football camp? It was a cheerleading camp also.. Interesting.
Just then, the boy's locker room doors opened and tall, muscular bodies walked out. Before I knew it, the hall was packed and I could barely see anything. That's when I felt someone pull my waist and when I turned towards the intruder, I saw that it was him. Levi.
We both smiled at one another as we shared a long, passionate kiss. It felt as if my heart had stopped completely. How long I'd waited for that. For his steadiness, and calm nature. I'd missed him so much and I vowed to myself that I would make the most out of the next couple of days. I had to.
"LEVI!" I heard his mom shriek.
I laughed as he let me go and his mom ran up to engulf her son.
They briefly caught up while my mind slowly drifted off to someone else.
I searched the crowd for Tyler. He was literally nowhere to be found. I began to walk through the reunited families and saw Tyler walk down the hall and go through a set of double doors.
Woah woah.
Surely he wasn't trying to escape the one reason for this trip. Then again, him and Levi did have some kind of 'issue' that was never resolved from a few years ago. Either way, they were BROTHERS. Did he really not miss Levi at all?
I followed Tyler and pushed past the double doors. We were outside now, in a vast open field.
Tyler looked back as he heard the doors open, but after seeing me, he turned back around.
What was his problem? Did he want to be left alone or something? Or was he mad at me specifically? UGH! I didn't understand him at all. Either way, I was determined to find out.
I walked forward and stopped next to him.
"What are you doing out here?" I asked trying to start a conversation.
He didn't answer me and I quickly became agitated.
"Why are you acting like this?! So.. Jealous?"
He looked at me like I was crazy. "Jealous?"
"Yeah," I said back and crossed my arms.
He laughed and walked back inside. "That's extremely dead," I heard him say before I was left alone outside.
Im done. I'm done trying with him. He always hid how he really felt and I hated that. How could I understand someone if they never let me in?
I walked inside and met back up with Levi.
"Where'd you go?" He asked and threw an arm over my shoulder.
"Restroom," I lied and smiled. I shook my head. "I was outside with Tyler, trying to figure out why he hates you so much."
Levi gave me a reassuring smile, but I felt him tense up. "He doesn't hate me Ky."--uh.. Are you sure about that?-- "He just.. Craves the spotlight. So when it's not on him, he tries anything to get some attention. Don't pay it any mind."
I nodded and gave him a half smile before looking back down. I let Levi's words marinate my mind and I actually started to believe what he'd said. I mean, it wasn't farfetched. As long as Tyler had been back, he was always so.. Over the top. He said what he wanted, did what he wanted and ultimately didn't care what anyone else thought.. Or so I thought.
"Hey Levi!" I heard a perky voice speak. She was a little taller than me with dark brown hair and dyed light brown tips. Her cheerleading outfit showed off her lean physique, which I slightly envied. Her skin was tan and she was an all around pretty girl, from the outside looking in at least.
"Hey Adrienne," Levi said back and smiled.
I stood there awkwardly as they continued to exclude me from their conversation.
"Finally got to try out the old uniforms," she said and spun. "How do I look?"
"Great," Levi responded without hesitation. Did he even remember I was standing right next to him?
"Hopefully this time next year, I'll be preparing to cheer you guys on at the games," she said and winked.
"Yeah hopefully," Levi said and they smiled at each other.
I moved slightly, happy to get some space away from Levi when his arm fell off of my shoulder.
"Oh! I'm so rude. This is Kylie," --your girlfriend--he finally introduced me. "My girlfriend." There you go.
I curved my lips but they stopped well before they formed a smile. "It's nice to meet you," I lied. Something between them seemed... Off.
"You too! I've heard so many things about you," she responded.
I squinted my eyes but remained quiet as I tried to read her. She didn't quite come off to me as someone I would befriend back home.
Levi, sensing the tension, interfered. "Uh.. Adrienne here is a cheerleader. She's participating in the camp like I am."
"Hmm," I said and nodded, showing my lack of interest.
"Well I'll see you later Levi. Bye Kylie," she said and walked off as I threw up the deuces.
Levi waited before she disappeared down the hall to ask me, "What was that?"
"I don't know what you're talking about," I said and began walking. "I was nothing but nice to Barbie."
He began to follow me. "Ohhhhh. I see. You're jealous."
"Yeah. That's it. You got me," I spoke sarcastically with a straight face. "If I wanted injections, I'd call the Kardashian's surgeon."
He chuckled and I smacked my teeth, beginning to walk faster. By this time, all the other families had cleared out. We were only still there because Ms. Thompkins wanted to take pictures of the building.
He grabbed my arm and forced me into a room. He wrapped his arms around my waist and we just stood there.
My breathing became heavy, as his hand slithered down my back. "What are you doing?" I asked as his forehead rested on mine.
"You have no reason to be jealous... I promise," he said before kissing me gently. At that moment, all the suspicion I had vanished. I trusted him completely. I don't know why I even second guessed him. He would never hurt me.