Chapter Thirteen

13

::Kylie's POV::

I watched aimlessly as kids and teens ran around, enjoying themselves. Everyone in town was at the fair that jumpstarted our Christmas break. It was freezing, but still celebratory and joyous.

I just nibbled on my cotton candy and waited for Levi to get some popcorn.

I was watching the Ferris wheel take off when I felt someone intertwine their fingers with mine.

I looked at Levi and smiled. "Where's your popcorn?" I asked.

"I already finished it," he said.

I looked at him strangely. From where I stood, to the concession stand, was about 10 steps. How did he even...?

"So what do you want to ride?" He asked me.

"Well, the merry go round always makes me throw up and the Ferris wheel is a definite no because I'm scared of heights sooooo I don't really kn--

"I almost forgot that you're scared of heeeiigghhhhttttsssss," Levi said with a smirk.

"Yeaaahhh...." I said. "What of it?"

"Well you have to face your fears at some point right??" He said just before dashing off towards the Ferris wheel.

I tagged along unwillingly, but he wouldn't let go of my hand.

"Levi stop!" I said. "Levi!"

"Last ride of the night!" The tender of the ride called out.

"Wait! Us over here!" Levi called back.

Before I knew it, we'd stopped running and we were already buckled down into the seat.

"Oh.. My... God," I started to panic as the Ferris wheel started to turn. I didn't know why I was so afraid of high altitudes, I just was. I think it really started when I visited Disney World one summer and rode Tower Of Terror. If you've rode it before, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

Slowly, all of the oxygen in my lungs thinned. I couldn't breathe and I could tell that hyperventilation was only a few short seconds away. If I died, I was going to haunt Levi for the rest of his life.

My fingers were just about to go numb when I felt Levi rub my hand soothingly with his thumb.

"Hey," He said calmly. "It's just an amusement ride. You're fine."

I still couldn't get my breathing under control.

"You're here with me and I won't ever let anything happen to you. I promise," he said caressing my face, and then kissing me on the cheek.

His words calmed me and before I knew it, every ounce of my anxiety was gone.

A minute passed by and we just stared in each other's eyes.

My body was overcome by tingles and chills. I'd never felt this way before, but I actually kind of liked it.

"Can we go home?" I asked.

He nodded. "Let's go."

*

I ripped off Levi's sweater as he had me against the wall.

He kissed my neck and a small moan escaped my lips in delight.

My blouse was already half way unbuttoned and though we'd never really went this far in making out, I was enjoying it.

I started for his pants. My hands began unbuckling his belt when he interrupted me.

"Wait," he said.

"For what?" I mumbled and stopped.

That's when he ended my quest to undo his American eagle jeans and grabbed both of my cool hands.

"I mean, shouldn't this be... I don't know, Special?" He asked me.

I stepped back a little. "Oh," was all I could manage out. "Yeah." If this wasn't the most incredibly awkward situation I'd ever been in, I didn't know what was. There wasn't anything like making out with your boyfriend and then having him reject you.

I headed for his door . I can't believe he would even ask that! Was I all of a sudden not good enough for him?

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"I'm tired," I lied.

I cut off the possibility of further conversation when I slammed the door behind me. I didn't want to hear anything that he had to say at this point. I just didn't understand him. He was the guy who went around kissing random girls, but he wouldn't do 'it' with his own girlfriend?

I rushed down the stairs and that's when it hit me. I lived here. It was way too late to go anywhere and I was too tired to even try.

"Ughhhhhhhh!!!" I screamed and headed into the kitchen.

No one was here but Levi and I, so I didn't have a problem being loud.

"Well someone seems a little angry," I heard.

I jumped a little because he always caught me off guard.

"Not angry," I said and leaned against the counter while folding my arms.

Tyler walked over and stood next to me, leaning against the counter while also folding his arms.

Was he mocking my body language tI be funny?

"Then what?" Tyler asked.

"Disappointed," I replied simply.

"Sexually I presume."

I looked at him intending to give him a glare, but quickly forgot about this task after being remembered how enticing his eyes were. That's why I never looked in them. They were almost hypnotizing.

I looked forward again.

"That's really none of your business," I said and headed over to the refrigerator.

"Whatever," he said.

That's when the front door opened and in walked Ms. Tompkins.

"Hi honey," she said and kissed Tyler on his cheek. "Hi sweetheart," she said right before doing the same sweet gesture for me.

"Mom can I change my last name to yours?" Tyler asked.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because Alvaro isn't common and I don't want anyone knowing I'm related to Levi," he said simply.

I refrained from rolling my eyes. He was so childish.

"Kylie? Do you mind setting the table for me?" Ms. Tompkins asked politely. "Tyler can never get it right."

"Sure," I chuckled after seeing Tyler's sour facial expression.

"I can help too," Levi said.

I turned around to face him briefly. "I think I'll manage. I want it to be special," I said before rolling my eyes and beginning to set the table.