Chapter Fifteen

15

Kylie's POV

The months passed by in a big blur. The end of the school year was approaching fast and Levi was with me, but still, something felt missing. For me to be a rising senior soon, I hadn't accomplished anything. I didn't go to parties, I didn't hang out with my friends anymore, it was like I'd been disconnected from the world since I'd moved in with the Alvaro's.

My days were endless and my nights were filled with agony. I didn't understand why I was feeling this way, and I'd do anything for myself to feel better .

"Kylie? Honey," Ms. Tompkins repeated. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"Oh yes, I'm sorry," I said and remembered where I was. I was at one of the local boutiques trying on dresses for the End Of Spring Gala with Ms. Tompkins.

"It's beautiful," I said as I looked into the mirror and turned on the stand.

"But?" Mrs. Tompkins asked.

"But, I don't think it's for me," I said truthfully.

"I didn't think so either. How about you go get changed into your clothes and we continue this another day?" She suggested sweetly though I knew she was stressed. The gala was in a few days and she had so many things to worry about other than me being picky.

I nodded my head before walking off the stand and back into the dressing room.

Ugh! I loved her so much. We were close before, but since I'd moved in with her, she had become a mother to me. I guess that was the only bright side in my current living situation.

I slowly put back on my shirt as thoughts of my own mother drifted into my mind. She was sweet and kind, and so gorgeous. And now she was just gone.

Afterwards, we went back home. I climbed the stairs, completely exhausted from trying on the at least twenty pound dresses. How people did that for a living, I had no idea.

I opened Levi's door and collapsed next to him onto his bed.

"Massage," I demanded in a pathetic tone.

He chuckled. "I'll take that as you had fun."

"Absolutely," I tried saying in a cheerful voice, but my sarcasm was evident.

He got on top of me and massaged my back. I tried to suppress my moans, but it felt so good. After long, I didn't feel his hands on my shoulders anymore, but his lips on my neck.

"Levi.." I whispered breathlessly. "W-what are you doing?"

"Shhh," He urged and continued to kiss the back of my neck. Next, he flipped me over and unbuttoned my shirt. His tongue trailed down to my collar bone, then to the valley between my breasts.

Another moan later, I heard a knock on the already opened door.

I gasped and looked up quickly. It was Tyler.

He was looking down at his phone. "Hey. Mom wants to know how the fitting for your tux wen--" he stopped talking when he finally looked up at us.

Levi hopped off of me and I swiftly buttoned back up my shirt. If I had enough guts, I would have faked my own death right then and there. That was literally the most uncomfortable situation I'd ever been in.

Tyler just walked away and a few awkward moments of silence passed between Levi and I.

I got up and stood. "I'm gonna go to bed," I said lowly, breaking the ice.

Levi just nodded his head as I walked out and closed his door behind me.

I walked down the hall and turned around the corner. I started to walk in my room, when I saw Tyler in his. He was sitting on his bed with his head in his palms.

I took a deep breath, and started walking to his room before I had the chance to change my mind. I stopped at the doorway.

"Hey," I muttered and cleared my throat.

He looked up and slowly stood. He took his time walking to the door and my heart rate was through the roof. I didn't intend for him to see us like that and I would make sure that he wouldn't have to again.

"I'm sorry about that. I forgot to shut the door," I rambled endlessly.

His face was emotionless and without saying a word, he closed the door in my face.

I gasped slightly and blinked a few times, before turning around and returning to my room.

::Tyler's POV::

I closed the door in Kylie's face . I didn't want to see her, I didn't want to talk her, I didn't even want to hear her name. I hated her and Levi's relationship. I was envious of what they had, what Levi had in particular. He was such a spoiled brat and there was no limit on what people would do in order to make him happy. He didn't deserve Kylie. She didn't even really know him.

I stopped that thought. It wasn't right. He was my brother regardless and though I hated him, I was done trying to ruin his life. I tried thinking that I was a good person, but I wasn't any better than he was. I'd done things in my past that would definitely object any mere consideration that I wasn't a lost cause. I wasn't the good brother. I've never been and I would never be. It just wasn't me.

I leaned my back against the door and sighed before turning around and reopening it.

"I'm sor--" but she was already gone.

"Forget it," I mumbled to myself before slamming the door shut again.

I went over to my nightstand and grabbed my phone.

The line picked up after 2 rings.

"Hey baby," she said a little too seductively, but she was my only option right now. I hadn't been back for long so my list of potentials was at an all time low. I made a mental note to work on that this week.

"Can I come over?" I asked, already knowing what her answer would be.

After my conversation, I quickly grabbed my things and headed downstairs to the front door. I couldn't stay in this house for another second right now.