Chapter Twelve

::Kylie's POV::

The glass pitcher slipped out of my hand and shattered across the floor.

Dammit.

Tyler's eyes didn't lose focus on me and my cheeks turned bright red from embarrassment. I was so shocked to see him that I'd completely lost my grip on the pitcher, I didn't even remember I was holding it.

I hadn't seen Tyler in I don't know how long and he looked... different, that was for sure. How could Levi not mention anything about him coming back? Was Tyler who he was referring to when he mentioned getting a new dog? I mentally back slapped him for lying to me over something so stupid. I was going to find out eventually.

Next, I heard someone leaping down the stairs.

"Ky? Are you okay?" He asked as he stepped into the kitchen.

"Um yeah? I'm not dying or anything if that's what you thought," I said sarcastically.

"Okay butterfingers, can we go back upstairs ooorrrrrr," he asked, returning my sarcasm.

Despite the fact that Levi and Tyler stood right next to each other, neither of them looked at the other. It was almost as if like the other was invisible in their eyes. How could brothers be strangers?

Well it was evident that the hate was still there.

"Yeah I'll just leave this glass here for whoever to get cut," I replied sardonically, trying to ease the tension between them.

Levi walked over to my side and placed his hand on the small of my back.

"We'll get it later," he said.

I nodded and before I knew it, Levi was leading me pass Tyler, out of the kitchen and up the stairs.

"I told you, you could've slept in my room," Levi said while unintentionally snapping me out of my thoughts of what had just happened .

"Well, that's not really appropriate, now is it?" I said and walked over to the bed.

"Suit yourself," he said and turned off the main light.

"Why didn't you say anything about Tyler?" I asked.

"I don't know.. I guess because I didn't know how long he would actually be here, Goodnight Kylie. "

"Goodnight," I said back and got into the bed.

I got comfortable under the sheets and then turned off the lamp on the nightstand.

Thoughts of my dad slowly drifted into my mind.

What would I do if I didn't have Ms. Tompkins and Levi Alvaro. I know, I know. Different last names. Why she decided to keep her maiden name was beyond me.

That's besides the point. Point is, I'm extremely grateful that they're sharing their home with me, and I shall make it a absolute point tomorrow to show them my gratitude.

Just then, there was a knock on my door.

I sat up and turned the lamp back on.

"Levi," I said and walked over to the door. "I'm not sleeping in your room with you." I chuckled.

When I opened the door, I saw Tyler.

"Oh.. Tyler...," I stammered. The only thing he had on were a pair of Calvin Klein pajama bottoms. "What do you want?"

"Oh don't look so disappointed Kyles," he said and kinked his eyebrow.

His shirtless body revealed a toned physique... But why would he even come to my room without a shirt? Five minutes ago he had one, now he didn't? It didn't make any sense, but then again this was Tyler .