Discord

Later that day I sat in my room unpacking my boxes until the sun set. The events of the day were hectic. Just moving into a new house in a new town. I considered that to be normal. But everything else that happened today was unexpected. That guy looked like he was trying to intimidate me. That weird presence and that voice. It was so scary. My heart was pounding just thinking about it. But the weird thing was that my gifts really showed themselves that time. "Hey Harmony! Come down for dinner!" Jessica called time threw the house.

"Alright! I'm coming!" I called back. My hand was gripping my necklace. Why had it been glowing? Was it trying to tell me something? I entered the kitchen to be welcomed by the smell of pasta and seasoned chicken. Jessica scooped some curly noodles onto a plate and held it out to me.

"I made you your favourite," Jessica said. I grabbed the plate. Jessica held a spoon full of cheese sauce over a pot.

"Thanks," I said holding my plate out for her to put the sauce on. She poured it slowly then went to put some cut up chicken on top.

"You alright?" Jessica asked. "You came back really early, and as soon as you got home, you went straight to your room." I shrugged my shoulders.

"I guess I'm still paranoid about the whole car crash and fire," I lied. I can't tell her about that guy. She'd probably call the cops. And if I told her she'd want to know all the details. Then she'd feel like I was crazy. I sighed. Why did life have to get so jumbled.

We ate in silence. After I ate half of my food, I declared myself full and headed up to bed. Jessica didn't stop me, she knew I needed time to myself.

I start school tomorrow. Fun times. Let's pile some more social anxiety over top of depression and conflicted emotions.

I walked over to my closet that I just organized and pulled out some baggy blue pyjama pants and a white tank top. I quickly changed and headed to bathroom to brush my teeth.

After that, I returned to my room. I walked up the spiral staircase to the upper floor of my room. My bed sat at the top all neat and tidy. A cold draft brushed past me. A slight turn of my head showed an open window. Was that window always opened. I walked over or it and closed it. I twirl around as my hair followed. What I didn't know was behind my long hair that blocked my view when I turned, there was a familiar set of dark eyes.

"Hello again, Goddess," said the man before me. I was lost in his eyes. Not the good kind of lost, I felt like I was being compelled not to look away. I couldn't bring myself to speak. "Oh not going to speak now are we?"

"I uh...what are you..," I was cut off.

"Doing in your house?" He asked finishing my sentence. "I thought you'd ask that." He looked away and walked over to my bed. I suddenly felt very weak. Like he had drained me of all my energy. My legs gave out from under me. I landed hard on my knees. "Wow your weak. Don't you practice your gifts? Well, I guess you just haven't used your power to its full potential."

"What?" I ask. "What powers?"

"Oh so you can speak in full sentences. That's great," He said sarcastically. He walked over to me and lifted my chin up so I'd look him in the eyes. "Those green eyes of yours show the strength of a goddess, yet you still don't know how special you are compared to the other boring demi-gods."

"W-what are you talking about?" I ask. "I'm not a Demi-God."

"Oh really? Then how do you explain the mind reading?" He asks. "Is it some kind of mind trick? No, it's your gifts." This man was really scaring me now. Finding a new kind of determination, I rose up from the floor.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"Oh getting tough now are we?" He said. "The names Derik. But some people call me Discord."

"Why would they call you that?" More questions spilled out.

"Well, my dads Chaos. I might as well have a similar name. Kinda like you, being one of the favoured daughters of Peace. No wonder you were named Harmony. It suits you so well," Derik said. He closed in on me. His body was inches from mine. He touched my cheek as I jerked my head away.

"Don't touch me," I demanded. Derik smirked.

"Alright your all powerful goddess. I won't do that again," Derik said. "But look out Harmony. If you decide it's a good time to pull out all the stops with your gifts, make sure you're alone. I don't want anybody stealing my spot light." Derik walked past me. He opened the window and sat on the window sill. "Might want to lock these windows. You never know who could be stalking you." Derik gave me one last smirk before jumping out the window. Sleep well goddess. I rushed over to the window and locked it, along with all the other windows in my room.

When I felt safe, I neared my bed. I sat down ever so gently. What the heck happened? I haven't felt venerable and invincible at the same time before. This whole concept seemed so foreign. And what did he mean by daughter of Peace? I may not have all the answers, but I can try to find them out later. For now I need to sleep. I tucked myself into my bed. Within seconds, I was already fast asleep.