The Confession

After Derik left, I had a shower, Got into my pajamas, bandaged up my cut, and walked down stairs into the kitchen. My hair was wrapped up in the towel I used to dry off. This day was full of crazy and supernatural phenomenon. From all I've learned, I just felt more jumbled then ever. Why me? The clock said 5:34. Jess wasn't here yet. Maybe she got into some trouble with some demi-gods. That just made me worry more. I stood in silence until the home phone rang. I quickly answered it.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"Hey Harmony, it's Jess," she said.

"Hey, What's up?" I ask.

"I'm going to be a little late getting home," Jess admits.

"Why."

"The police are trying to pull cars out of ditches, I can't get out of the staff parking lot because of how long the traffic goes," Jess said. "It might take a half an hour or more. So you can just relax for now."

"Alright," I said. "When you get home I need to ask you something."

"You can ask me now, I have a lot of time to spare," Jess said.

"I'd rather you be here when I ask," I said. "I'll see you soon, bye." I hung up before Jessica could respond.

[Ding Dong]

The door bell's melody rang through the house. My hand lowered the phone onto the kitchen island. Who could that be? I walked steadily towards the door. As I reached for the doorknob, realization struck me like a bullet. It could be a chaos demi-god on the other side of the door. But it could also be a normal person. I quickly grabbed the nearest thing to me, which ended up being an umbrella, and held it in front of me like a sword. If it was anyone magical they would be able to hear my thoughts.

"Who's there?" I thought.

"Harmony, its Hope and Joy," responded a voice. "We're here to help."

"I want to make sure it is you. What did you call me when I was in your base?" I asked.

"We called you the chosen one, but we said it was cliché. We said that we just call in the Goddess of Purity," the voice said. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in and lowered my weapon. My hand turned the doorknob and let the cold outdoor air enter my warm house. On the porch was Hope and Joy with two pizza boxes.

"Can we come in," Hope asks with a straight face.

"Sure," I said. I stepped out of the way to let them in. Joy gave me a nice smile.

"We brought pizza as an apology gift," Joy said. "We should have been more considerate of your feelings."

"We had the same things happen to us when we discovered who we are," Hope explained. "But you had it worse then us."

"Your parents died in a fire before they could tell you," Joy said. "That isn't fair."

"How did you know my parents died in a fire?" I asked. "I never mentioned that part."

"I had a premonition of it," Joy said.

"She can see the future in short glimpses," Hope said as she looked around my house for something.

"Really?"

"Yeah that's my special gift next to being able to shock people with my electrical aura," Joy said with pride.

"That's so cool," I said clearly in awe. Hope turned to me.

"Do you have a good place to hide something?" Hope asked.