Chapter 14

Dorieku's POV AN: A Rather Conversation heavy Chapter. Bear with me here.

My head was spinning as I lay on the rough wooden ground, "Owwwww." I moaned in pain staring up at the sky. A face appeared above me, the boy with a dragon kimono.

"You okay?" The boy asked waving a hand in my face. "How many fingers." He said holding out two fingers.

"Cute." I said thoughtlessly.

Chapter 14: A Dragon's Comradery

"What?" He asked tilting his head.

"I mean two..." I covered up quickly .

"So um what's your name?" He asked holding out his hand.

"Doreiku." I replied grabbing his hand and he pulled me up. I stumbled a bit when I stood up and he straightened me up and smiled.

"So it's Dorei... Dorki..... Eh whatever I'll just call you Inky." He smiled. "Anyways my name's Kyle nice to meet you. So uh what are you doing here in the forest of the elves?"

"I was looking for my family and Inda... Inda killed a lot of my friends in a town nearby on my journey to find my mother." I replied holding my head down. "I want to get my revenge on him..."

"Hey there's no one around..." The girl said walking by.

"Do you know where the others are?" Kyle asked

"Yeah they're on the ship...The others found us after a while." She said. "Oh I'm Khalia by the way." She said clutching her left arm.

"Hey um Kyle, Khalia! I checked inside the castle, there's no sign of any of the girls or Luke..." A little girl said jumping through the part Inda burned in the tree carrying a cat in her arms.

"Right we're heading back to our ship. Inky here is going to be coming with us... Right?" Kyle said and looked at me.

"Uh yeah!" I said not knowing why I'm going along with the nickname, "So where is this ship of yours?" I asked and we started walking.

"Not too far." Khalia said, "There's a big lake, they docked it there. Foxwood let's go on up ahead okay?" She said and the two girls ran forward out of sight.

"And....... They're gone." Kyle chuckled. "So Inky..." He trailed off, staring off into the distance.

"So...?" I asked but he ignored me staring away from me. I sighed as we walked through the empty forest. It was quiet, too quiet for me. "So what's the deal with those two girls?" I asked curiously.

"Sisters." He replied simply not looking at me. "... Do you have any family?"

"Other than my mom? They're a reason I have these ears and tails... My genetic dad was my dragon... I kinda miss him..."

"Poor guy." Kyle said and kept walking... "I... I don't remember much about my dragon..." He said quietly turning away.

"Oh... Uh... Sorry for being selfish about my dragon... I tend to do this..." I sighed glancing at him. "So are they your real family...?"

"In a way... Khalia says that Celeste and Shagricus were mates, sense we're their kids we're siblings. Foxwood's dragon was killed so we adopted her as our sister... We feel like a family, we do everything together, we eat together, live together, and work together. I can't imagine us apart actually." At that he smiled.

"Now look at you bragging about your family... I guess that's something we have in common... We love our family." I smiled at him and he smiled back, "So the mark on your hands and feet."