♛Meeting the Underworld's King♛

S I C I L Y

"Mother, why won't you make me come with you in the Olympus? " Little Persephone asked curiously, not knowing the reason behind her mother getting her away from the Olympus.

Demeter smiled, brushing Persephone's hair. "Persephone dear, as much as Olympus is portrayed as the most beautiful beautiful place in Greece, I must say it is dangerous for you. "

Persephone nodded, understanding that her mother just wants the best for her.

Demeter then stood up from her seat, straightening up her green peplos.

"I shall go now, my dearest Persephone. Odessa and Moesus will be looking after you. Please don't go away from the fields. " Demeter said, kissing her daughter's temple before leaving.

After Demeter's leave, the little child quickly get some of her gardening tools. Getting outside, she quickly ran towards the fields. She was being followed by two of her mother's nymphs, Odessa and Moesus.

"Goddess Persephone, please do not do that again. I almost passed out whilst catching up on you. " Odessa panted, sweetly smiling at little Persephone.

Moesus laughed, rolling her eyes "Goddess Persephone, do not believe in her. " she ridiculed. "She was just as lazy as usual. " Moesus added, getting a nudge from Odessa once she finished.

Persephone chuckled as she started to ready the soil for her planting. "I apologize Odessa. I promise not to run that quick again. " she said as she started planting some seeds.

Moesus then approached her, watching Persephone plant some seeds. "Sunflower again, dearest? "

Persephone nodded. "I love Sunflowers because they look like the Sun. I love the Sun itself. Not only does it bring brightness to the world, but it also gives life to our nature. "

Odessa then approached the little Goddess, "Is there anything you need, Persephone?" she asked.

Persephone nodded in vigour once more, "If I may ask a glass of water, please? Mr. Sun seems to be too radiant that it made me thirsty. "

Odessa quickly obliged and went away.

The little goddess then continued her work. As she continued planting seeds of sunflowers, a peculiar black flower with red stem rose from the ground, just beside the sunflower seeds.

How unique, Persephone thought.

The goddess then reached out her hand to feel the petals of the enigmatic-looking flower. As her fingers reached a petal, black smoke seeped and it formed a figure of a tall man.

The little goddess ran towards her nymph as the figure was walking towards the goddess. The nymph, Moesus, quickly reached out for the goddess and placed her behind.

As the smoke disappeared, the figure turned out to be a beautiful God. He glared at the nymph, "Run..," he warned, yet it sounded as if it was a command.

The nymph was extremely shaking in fear. Her hands, whom hold the hand of the little goddess behind, seemed to be shaky and sweaty. The little goddess was anxious, seeing her nymph in such state.

The God's eyebrows quirked in annoyance, "I shall advice you to run, or else..you might get yourself in trouble." he stated darkly.

When the little goddess looked at her nymph, she noticed that she was crying. Moesus quickly took a glance at her, "Forgive me my goddess. "

The nymph ran quickly as she released Persephone's hands, leaving the little goddess behind. Persephone, looking a tad afraid, sets her eyes to the tall man infront of her, who was looking at the direction where her nymph just ran. His eyes, who was as quick as she's never expected, caught her gaze for a moment. Persephone quickly looked away, bowing her head to avoid his gaze.

The man then kneeled so that his face levels the face of Persephone. He touched her chin, and slowly lifted it; dark black pools met chocolate brown ones.

"Hello, love. If I may ask your precious name?" he asked, confusing the little goddess. The way he talked with her and with Moesus were very different as she observed.

"I am Persephone, daughter of Demeter and Zeus. " she answered timidly. Persephone narrowed her brows at him, and he chuckled. "The name's Hades, little love. God of the Dead and King of the Underworld I am. " he stated.

Persephone examined him for a while. He is undeniably good-looking, she thought. With dark black eyes, dark black hair, and snow pale skin, Persephone felt small of herself.

How could someone as attractive as this be the King of the UnderWorld? she thought again, confusing herself more.

Her mother never told her about any Gods. Being the protective mother she is, Demeter wants Persephone to stay out of them; especially the most powerful ones.

But Persephone is another book. Her curiosity leads her way to snucking in their library to get to know the Gods even more. F'course there were never any pictures, but the knowledge she has about all of them, that is enough to her.

And thus, she knew things about the UnderWorld. She knew dangerous monsters live in there, and the evil titans are imprisoned in there. She knew the dead are being judged there, but she never knew that the King in there would be as handsome as the man in front of her.

As she was about to ask a question, one of Hades' assistant approached him. Hades then went to excuse himself for a while and Persephone was left in the spot, still examining Hades as he talk with his assistant.

After that, Hades approached the little goddess once more. "I'm afraid I have to flee now, little child. Do get ready. "

Persephone's brows met in confusion, as Hades patted her head lightly. "What do you mean?" she asked.

"It is yet to come. " he said, before stepping backwards.

With a blink of Persephone's eyes, Hades was gone. Nothing but a black rose with red stem was left, and it seemed as though nothing happened.

Little did the goddess know, it would never be the last time she'd see Hades' face.

It is yet to come

~