1.5 The Party

Trigger warning in this part for anyone who may have been attacked at some point in their lives. If reading it may trigger bad memories feel free to skip to the happy ending/my post chapter comments.

If there was one thing that would kill me more than a stake through the heart, it was attending a party hosted by the largest Greek chapter on campus. I stood in a corner next to the food wearing a long-sleeved mini-dress holding onto a beer bottle. Carmen and I arrived to the party early and about fifteen party goers also arrived early, the hosts not included.

I watched Carmen easily start conversations with people she knew from her time as an undergrad. With her distracted I could've left and changed out of the stupid mini-dress. Sure it hugged the shape of my ass and my breasts, which is useful in playing the seductress, but I never, ever, liked the idea of being the seductress. Why was it she and I have to wear those constricting things when at least two girls wore yoga pants?

As I began to make my way out of the party, one of Carmen's friends came to the food table. She stopped me in my tracks and exclaimed, "Oh there you are! Carmen said she invited a few friends. You're her roommate Elena, right?"

"It's Lena, actually." I clutched the bottle to the point I heard a tiny crack.

"Why are you loitering in the corner? Come join us." She grabbed two chicken wings and left to rejoin the Borg.

I guessed it wouldn't kill me to say hi to them and leave, so I walked away from the corner. I scanned the living room and more people had arrived. Another of Carmen's friends joined her circle and if I cut across the room, I'd be in eye contact with Alyssa. Alyssa, the name she used back then, was studying at the university in the same history program I got kicked out of. She too was a vampire but didn't object to the curriculum. She cheated around it through hypnosis and promising to turn the prof. For all I care she can claim Mickey Mouse was the first president of the USA and she'd get a pass on the paper.

Oh right, the crowd. I looked around again to find Carmen, and she moved. Good. I dodged Alyssa along the way. I stepped into the crowd and a few steps in someone blurted, "Nice ass!" Was that for me? It might be for me. No, there was another girl wearing ass-embracing clothing. A few more steps and—I was hyperventilating? I had to get out of there fast!

I took in a couple more breaths and somehow I made it outside. If Carmen asked me why I left, I'd tell her my ninety minutes were up and I headed home. A deal's a deal, fair's fair, and all that jazz. Also, the cold didn't bother me. I realized I was far from the frat house and didn't bother to retrieve my coat. As I waited for the bus, some drunk, seemingly around the age of the party goers, approached me. He leaned against the post and out came the vomit. I covered my nose to block the stench, but that wasn't the worst of it. He looked up, face all red, and hy-yucked.

"Well, hello there cherry pie. Say, why don't you come over to my place so I can have a slice?"

I stepped back. Probably took two or three just to give extra space. He could ask for directions and I'd still think he's making advances on me.

"Come on, don't be shy, let me help you." He slurred his words and wobbled in his steps. His hand to eye coordination, you'd think they'd be off, right? While he had missed the gutter when he threw up his hands didn't miss the target that was my ass.

Un-fucking-acceptable!

I gave the lecher a kick to the head and walked away but no — the motherfucker saw my ass and made a second grab. Was I asking for it? Fuck no! What I did next he didn't ask for either, but the second time he grabbed me pushed it. So I snatched his right arm, twisted it behind him, jumped on and wrapped my legs around his torso — all in one swift movement. Then I went in for the kill.