Butters x Reader

Leopold "Butters" Stotch has been my best friend since 5th grade, I joined South Park Elementary at the end of 4th grade, and he was the only one that actually wanted to hang out with me: everyone else had their group of friends already.

Anyway, ever since then we've been inseparable! But now we're in High School, I've started developing feelings for him... I don't want to tell him because it will ruin our friendship and make us awkward around each other, so it's best if I keep it to myself.

"Heyyyyyyy Y/NNNNNN!" Someone said as they hugged me from behind.

I giggle a little knowing who it was.
"Hey Leo!" I turned to face him and hugged him properly - he hugged back

"Leaving me in the hallways, how dare you."

We were walking home from school.

"You were talking to other people, I didn't want to interrupt, ALSO! I couldn't be assed to wait!"

He laughed "Babe, you can interrupt me whenever."

I got the weird feeling in my heart when he called me babe.

Ahh,I don't wanna be in love with my best friend!! Play it cool Y/N.

"Ha, I'll keep that in mind."

He put his arm around my shoulder and said, "Good."

"Hey Leo, do you wanna go to the park for a bit?"

I don't really wanna go home yet.

"Yeah sure!"

"Yay!"

He chuckled. "I'll race ya!" He start running towards the park.

"Hey!" I giggled and ran after him.

*at the park*

He was pushing me on the swing and we were in silence, but not the awkward silence the comfortable one.

After a while he stopped the swing, and hugged me from behind, again.

"Why do you always hug me from behind?" I laughed a little.

Wait, shit. Why did I say that?

"Because why not."

So it means nothing... wow.

I just laugh and say, "I've got to go home now. I'll see you later."

I get up and grab my things and start walking home. I don't know why I'm so offended by that, it's just someone you love says something so blunt like that.

I get home and say hello to my parents then have a quick shower  - yeah quick I mean like an hour, but I washed my hair and shaved. I get dried and put my pajamas on. It's Friday, thank god.

*Saturday Midday*

I'm still in my pajamas and there's a knock at the door, nobody is home except me.

I go and answer it, it's Leo.

"Hey, did I do something wrong yesterday?"

"What? No."

"Seems like it. "

I feel bad... I hugged him and said, "Trust me you didn't."

"Okay, good."

"Come in."

I drag him in and shut the door. I feel like I should tell him and I want to tell him, but I'm afraid...

We sat on the couch watching The Simpsons and it was the episode where Lisa and Nelson get together. I decided to drop hints at him.

So, Butters, do you like anyone?"

I emphasised the like.

"Well, yes I do actually." He looked at me.

"Who?" I said a bit too quickly..

He chuckled. "She's the most amazing and the most beautiful girl ever! I can't say her name though."

Being his best friend, I say, "You should talk to her and tell her how you feel or ask her out."

I look back at the TV.

"Okay, is that the best way?"

I nod

"Y/N, will you be my girlfriend?"