|023| Haunting

|Haunting|

     I watched as her and the warlock boy sifted through her mother's things in the attic.

     Always.

     I was always watching.

     The ghosts knew, but they also knew better than to say anything. I could put an end to their miserable afterlife in less than a heartbeat. Less than it took to snap my fingers...or someone's neck.

     They knew better than to warn her about my presence. The only one who seemed to give me a problem among the hundred that littered her property was that damned Dean boy.

     He was mouthy that one, and while I wanted nothing more than to end his afterlife, I knew I couldn't. She would devastated if I got rid of her ghost friend, and I couldn't bear the thought of her being sad or worried over something so trivial.

     I knew her mother wouldn't have been pleased with me either. While she was gone, she still had her ways of haunting and taunting me. I didn't need her doing that because I'd harmed her precious little girl.

     I looked through the attic window again, now seeing the warlock crouched in front of her, staring upon her as if she were the prey to his predator.

     My eyes narrowed, my fingers twitching—aching to reach for the dagger sheathed by my side. I wanted to cut the boy to bits for what he was trying to do to my master's Raven.

     It was bad enough that I had to worry about the human boy, but now I had to worry about this imbecile too?! My only saving grace to this situation was that I didn't lock the door to the attic this time.

     Only, this time was different. Where she snuggled and flirted with the human, with the warlock she took to defending herself. Her hands raised to push him away. I watched with keen interest from my perch on the willow tree in the backyard.

     I hadn't expected anything to happen, but I always watched on the off chance that it did. And this time...this time something did indeed happen.

     Her fingers barely brushed the boy when he was suddenly skyrocketed across the room and into the wall by an invisible force.

     Raven appeared shocked and scared as she stared down at her hands, while I looked on with a sense of smugness etched into my features.

     Master will be most pleased when he hears about this...

________________________________________________

Song of the Chapter: Halsey – "Haunting"

Dearest Readers,

     I apologize for being three days late with this (albeit) short update, but if you've already gotten a notification (if you follow me) or checked out my profile I have made a solemn promise!  I shall be posting another update tomorrow to make up for my tardiness.  I'm currently working on it, and it will hopefully be up by or before 9:30pm my time.

     I was just super busy with sorority stuff...my bad lol (it sucks being in one sometimes...)

     Come again soon!

And Remember:

FAN/FOLLOW

COMMENT

And VOTE, VOTE, VOTE!!!

     Stay Awesome,

          Victoria

Of Darkness, © V.R. Migliaccio (ViciousxxVictoria), 2016