|025| Revelations

|Revelations|

     "Okay, so—" I started, only to be interrupted by Aspen. We were heading over to our next class that we had together, albeit late because of our...alone time. No one was in the hall, but us and we freely held hands without any prying eyes, Aspen childishly swinging them back and forth in a smooth rhythm.

     "Sew buttons." He said with a cheeky grin.

     I sent him a glare, not too fond of his childish wit. "What did you need to talk to me about?"

     "What do you mean?"

     He seemed genuinely confused. He must've forgotten what we were supposed to be doing—too distracted by our previous activities. "When you came into the library shouting 'Birdy, Birdy, Birdy!' You know, that?

     "Oooh." He scratched the back of his neck nervously, a blush coming over his face. "Sorry. I forgot. I was kind of...distracted if you know what I mean." I blushed as well. "Anyway, Granddad found someone who could read the book. That's what I came in to tell you."

     I pulled Aspen to a halt. He turned to face me with a curious look. "Seriously?" He nodded, causing a huge grin to spread across my face. I was smiling so hard and so big that I thought my mouth was ready to tear in half. I leaped up into Aspen's arms, hugging him close. "This is so exciting!" I leaned back to get a better look at him. "What'd he say? Who is this person? How can they read it?"

     The last question was a bit stupid to ask. I knew how they could read it, but I said it more for Aspen's sake than my own. Clearly the person who could read it was like me—a necromancer, but since it was a book of spells, maybe they were a witch. I just hoped that they could be trusted.

     He chuckled, rubbing his hands up and down my back. I loved when he did that. It both calmed and excited me at the same time. "I don't know who it is or how they can read it. All I know is that they can. And isn't that the more important part?" I nodded. "Okay then. So, should we go?"

     "Right now? But we'll be skipping. We did that once already."

     He shrugged. "So? Besides we're late for our next class as it is. No one's going to miss us."

     He licked his lips, momentarily distracting me. All I wanted to do was kiss him now. Keep your hormones in check Raven. I had to remind myself.

     "Besides I can tell that you really want to go meet this person. If we don't leave now, I don't know if they'll still be there when we leave school."

     "You're such a bad influence." I relented.

     When we got to Aspen's house I was immediately overwhelmed by all the testosterone in the room. In the kitchen sat four teenage boys—two of which I knew—and Jerrod, and now with Aspen in the room, it was five against one. Not to mention all four boys were drop-dead gorgeous—at the same caliber and level as Aspen. I was curious as to what kind of genes were being thrown around and what water they'd been drinking their whole lives to look so beautiful and tall.

     They all had similar features—nice angular facial bone structure, lean muscles, dark tousled and messy hair, and different variations of green colored eyes. A chill ran up my spine as they looked at me—one boy in particular. It was Roman, but the person he sat beside was none other than Percy. I had a vague recollection of their relation to each other—cousins I think.

     I didn't know what Percy was doing here seeing as how Roman was the one training me. I'd seem him a few times in the house with Luce since that one time he'd helped with his memory potion, but other than that we barely spoke or saw each other. He was so enamored with my sister—and it was clear that he adored her to the ends of the earth, but still—my confusion not only remained, but grew the longer I stared at him.