Day Off

~Reader's p.o.v~

It has been a few days since the exams ended and Lord Third told us that Itachi and I have become chunin. Both him an I are the only chunin in our teams and we are often called in to do higher ranking missions together. We still train with Shisui after a short mission or we have the day off or even after training with our team. It helps us stay fit and ready for anything, keeps us on top of our 'game'. I was still trying to put the pieces of Itachi medical problem together so I could heal him. I tried to get him to quit being a ninja but he wouldn't listen, it actually cause a fight that lasted a few days. Itachi talked with Shisui and Kakashi talked with me and Itachi and I made up. That is when I decided to always be by Itachi's side, even if it meant leaving everyone behind. And that is what I did, I trained and read everything I could. I even spent some time training with the Hokage and Kakashi. I was beginning to become a very diverse ninja and I was able to fight along side Itachi and heal him when needed. I had his back and he had mine. I was actually on my way to Itachi's house right now, we had a mission as I had to get him and tell him the details about our mission. I knocked on the door and a women opened the door. "Hello, may I help you?" She asked. She must be Itachi's mother. I gave her a smile.

"Yes, ma'am. I am looking for Itachi, we have a mission." I spoke. She gave me a smile and nodded her head.

"Well I'm Itachi's mother Mikoto Uchiha. I will go and get him." Mikoto spoke. Just as she was turning around Itachi and his father, Fugaku Uchiha, walked towards the door talking. Itachi looked towards the door and eyes eyes widened in surprise, if only for a second.

"(y/n)? What are you doing here?" Itachi spoke, I didn't miss how Itachi's mother's eyes lit up at the mention of my name. I gave a small smile.

"Sorry to interrupt, I know we both had a day off but a urgent mission came up. We have to leave now, I was told to give the details once we are on our way." I spoke. Itachi nodded to me and headed to where I assume his room is. I just stood there trying to act like Itachi's parents weren't staring at me. I then heard small footsteps and looked over to see Sasuke. He saw me and his eyes lit up.

"Hi (y/n)!" Sasuke spoke as he ran to me and jumped. I caught him and he wrapped his arms around my neck and gave me a hug. I let out a giggle and hugged him back.

"Hey buddy." I spoke. Sasuke pulled back and looked at my with bright, happy eyes.

"Are you here to get Itachi to train? Can I come with you?!" Sasuke spoke. I gave him a small smile.

"Sorry bud, Itachi and I have a mission. Maybe another time." I spoke and poked his forehead like I have seen Itachi do to him -and me- many times. Sasuke gave me a look as he rubbed him forehead.

"Why do you and Itachi always do that?" Sasuke spoke as he pouted. I let out a small giggle at his cute pouting face and kissed his forehead. Sasuke started to blush. Making his cute little pouting face even cuter.

"Because we can." I spoke. I know it is the way Itachi shows his affection towards his brother, but I'm not going to tell him that. Itachi soon came down ready to go. I put Sasuke down and I gave a short goodbye and did Itachi as we made our way towards the villages gates.

"So what is the mission?" Itachi spoke. I gave him a glance.

"An important document was being delivered to another Kage and we got sent an S.O.S. Our job is to secure the document then get it to the Kage." I spoke. Itachi nodded his head and we ran even faster.

"Oh, Itachi I almost forgot." I spoke getting pills out of my pocket. "I made these, they should help." I told him. He nodded his head and took them.