Ninja No More

A/N: There is a large time skip, but I will probably have flashbacks later on in this book. The time skip is five years, so Itachi and (y/n) are now eighteen years old. Sasuke and his group are like five years younger so they are around thirteen years old...sorry if that is wrong. 

~Reader's p.o.v~

~Time Skip, 5 Years~

I woke up this morning and Itachi was gone. He left me a note, saying to stay in bed and if I'm not there when he gets back, I'm not getting my surprise. I let out a giggle and sat myself up. A few minutes later, Itachi walks in the room with a tray of steaming food. "Morning love, I'm glad you listened to my note." Itachi spoke, putting the tray on my covered legs. I gave him a smile and he gave me a kiss on my forehead.

"Well last time you told me to not leave the room I did, and you ate my surprise. I thought it would be better to listen this time."  I spoke with a fake pout. Itachi just gave me a smirk.

"Well, good thing you did. I didn't want to have to eat the food I made for my pregnant wife." Itachi spoke. I gave a smile and rubbed my hand on my swollen stomach.

"You would be sleeping on the couch if you did that." I spoke, no humor in my voice. Itachi nodded his head and took a seat next to me.

"Well, eat up otherwise it will get cold." Itachi told me. I gave him a kiss on the cheek before I started to eat.

"So, I was thinking of retiring..." I spoke once I finished my food. Itachi put the tray to the side and looked at me with a raised brow.

"Retiring?" Itachi questioned. I nodded my head.

"Yeah, both of us in Anbu...we have a higher chance of at least one of us getting killed on a mission and  we are gone all the time. I don't want both of us missing our child's lives because we are ninja." I spoke, Itachi nodded and pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead.

"I was actually going to talk to you about leaving the Anbu, becoming just a jonin again. It's difficult to be in charge of the clan and be in Anbu at the same time" Itachi spoke. I looked up at him.

"I've been telling you that for month Ita, guess we should talk to the Hokage, huh?" I spoke. Itachi nodded his head and started to get up.

"Yep, let's go." Itachi spoke. I am about seven months pregnant, I got out of bed and walked/waddled to the closet. I grabbed my clothes...

and headed to the kitchen to help Itachi with the dishes, but when I walk into the kitchen Itachi is already done

and headed to the kitchen to help Itachi with the dishes, but when I walk into the kitchen Itachi is already done. Itachi saw me walk into the room, so he walk towards me and grabbed my hand.

"Don't forget Sasuke and his team have the final chunin exam today, so I'll be there as soon as I can.." I spoke as we walked to the Hokage's office. Itachi let out a hum and pulled me closer.

"How are you and the baby feeling today?" Itachi asked.

"We are feeling great today, I'm surprised you don't have any clan stuff or missions to do." I spoke before knocking on the Hokage's door.