What?!

It was the next morning when I got a message from the Hokage, I was to come to his office for a meeting at one. I also got one from Itachi, I was to meet him a the dango shop as soon as I was ready. With that said I got up and dressed then headed out to meet Itachi at the dango shop. It was a short walk and when I got there Itachi was already munching on dango. "Hi Ita." I spoke, getting his attention. He looked at me and gave me a smile.

"Hello, love." Itachi spoke. I gave his a smile then sat across from him.

"So, how are you this morning?" I asked, grabbing a dango from the platter.

"Good, you are going to the meeting as well?" Itachi spoke. I nodded my head.

"Yep, I wounder why...it makes since for you to be there, but why me?" I spoke.

"I don't know, but I'm glad you will be there." Itachi spoke. I raised a brow and he gave me a smirk. "We get to spend the time together and not apart." He spoke. I giggled while he chuckled.

"That is true...how do you think the Hokage will solve this coup thing with your clan? How will he make the bond stronger? It's not like he has a daughter he could marry off, and the Hyuga clan doesn't have a heir that is old enough to be your wife. I would say me, but I don't really have a clan anymore...just a sister." I spoke, Itachi nodded his head in thought.

"Well, you are like a daughter to him. He practically adopted you.." Itachi spoke.  I nodded my head in agreement, the thought of being Itachi's wife sent butterflies into my stomach and a blush to my face. Itachi and I talked more and before we knew it, it was time to go to the meeting. Itachi and I split the bill,  with much arguing, then headed to the Hokage's office. Once we got there, Itachi knocked on the door and we got the permission to enter. We opened the doors to find that Fugaku was already there.

"Alright, now that we are all here. Fugaku, I know about the coup and I understand why. Ever since the nine-tails attack, the Uchiha have been outcast by the people of this village. I would like to talk to you about bring the Uchiha back into the village. What are your thoughts on that, may I remind you..we do not want a war." The Hokage spoke. Fugaku held a look of shock then anger when he looked toward Itachi.

"What could you possibly do to unite the Uchiha and the village, when the village doesn't trust the Uchiha?" Fugaku questioned.

"I would like to propose the idea of a marriage between the heir to the Uchiha and my best female shinobi and one of the only remaining of the Senju clan." The Hokage spoke. Fugaku looked a little less then pleased.

"How would this bring the village and Uchiha closer?" Fugaku spoke.

"(y/n) is a very well-known, very well respected shinobi. She is part of the clan that built the village as well as the Uchiha. What better why then to reunite the two clans that built this village from the ground up." The Hokage spoke. Itachi and I were still in our shocked state.

"Hmmm, I see. The engagement will be publicly announced I assume?" Fugaku questioned. I almost feel to the ground in shock that Fugaku agreed to it. The Hokage nodded.

"If you agree, I shall call a village meeting and I shall announce the engagement. The whole village will be invited to the village and it will be made clear that the Uchiha are trusted and welcome in the village." The Hokage spoke. It was Fugaku's turn to nod his head in agreement.

"The girl will be moved to live with the Uchiha and will be welcomed into the clan." Fugaku spoke. The Hokage nodded and turned to face Itachi and I.

"You two know what is going on and why, I trust that you will both follow through with this?" He spoke. Itachi and I nodded.

"Yes, Lord Hokage. We understand and except." Itachi and I spoke in sync.