Chapter Thirty Five

Mina's perspective

"I would like a black coffee, please." The customer orders politely while I write down what she said. Not all the costumers is as polite as I wished they would be, so I am grateful this one is. Not that it surprised me much seeing as she looks like the kindest person you'll ever meet.

"Coming right up." I tell her before I put my notepad in my apron, and turn around to walk up to the counter. My eyes scan the cafe on my way noticing some of the usual costumers, and some new ones.

I got a job here a week ago, or so, and I love it. Everyone working here are so nice, and most of the customers are as well. However at some of my later shifts some of the men can get a little too handsy. But all in all it is a very small and cozy place to work, and I couldn't be happier with my job, forget that, if they paid more I couldn't be happier.

"One black coffee." I tell Davina so she can make it. She was the one that hired me, and honestly I don't think I would have gotten the job if it was anyone else. I don't have any job experience at all, but I think she gave it to me because she felt a little sorry for me. I wish I could have gotten the job another way, but I am grateful nonetheless.

"Okay, but you got a new costumer at table eleven." She says with her eyes glued to the coffee she is making behind the counter. You can hear the sound of the coffee machine mixing, and making different coffee's. There is never a completely silent moment here except when it's late.

"Table eleven isn't mine." I remind her while she place the black coffee on a tray in front of me. I pick it up while I wait for her answer.

"I know, but he asked for you specifically." She says wiggling her brows while she starts on another coffee. I know the wiggle means he's cute, it is a sign we made up after a handsome costumer heard us calling him so, and trust me it was embarrassing.

"Okay fine, I'll take his order." I turn around handing the black coffee to the polite lady before I walk over to table eleven. I approach the table calmly slightly curious as to who it is, however when the guy looks up at me now nothing my presence I freeze. It's the guy from a week ago, Harry I believe his name was. His smile is warm, and welcoming making me somehow relax. I clear my throat. "Are you ready to order?" I ask him professionally.

"Yeah, but I was wondering if I could talk to you for a second." He asks gesturing to the empty chair in front of him. I look around for an excuse but I can't seem to find a good one.

"I don't think that it is such a good idea." I tell him calmly trying to be as polite as I can. He sighs while he brings his hand up to massage his neck. Another feeling of familiarity rush trough me at his actions making me second guess the situation to not sit down. "You know what, it isn't many costumers here so I guess I can sit down for a little bit." He smiles at me while I put my tray down on the table, and sit down.

"First of I just want to apologies for what happened a few days ago. I was drunk, and Louis had told me about you previously. It all just got out of hand, and I had no right to say those thing that didn't even make sense." Harry says leaning his elbows on the table to get a little closer. I can't get myself to believe his excuse, but I won't make a big deal about it.

"It's okay. Everyone does stupid things when they are drunk." I reassure him making him let out a quiet chuckle. I can feel Davina's stare on my face while I talk to Harry, and I know she will ask me about this later on.

"I was hoping that we could just forget about that, and start over." His smile is hopeful waiting for my reply. I just nod with a small laugh. "Great, I'm Harry." He introduce himself while reaching out his hand for me to shake.

"I'm Mina, it's very nice to meet you." I place my hand in his, and shake it lightly. His smile falls for a second, and I wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't paying attention. I pull my hand back, and shift in my seat trying to get more comfortable. "You clearly know what I work as, so what do you do?" I ask in an attempt to make conversation.

He chuckles before pulling at his lip gently while thinking. "Nothing at the moment. After my parents died I inherited their money, and I haven't used any of it yet, so I think I'll just live on that for a while." He plays with his finger in an uncomfortable matter after mentioning his parents.

"I am sorry to hear about your parents." I look down at his hands, and notice how big they are. You can almost see the veins, and the outlines of his bones, and for some reason I find myself thinking it is attractive. "Are you seeing someone?" I ask him making him look at me surprised. I didn't even realize myself that I said it before the words left my mouth.

He shifts uncomfortably in his seat while biting his lower lip. His shoulders seem tense, but quickly relaxes. "Are you flirting with me, love?" He asks raising his brows while he leans his body closer, thankfully there is a table in between us.

I clear my throat not realizing how flirty the question would come out as. "No, not flirting just pure curiosity." I quickly explain while I try to relax my body pretending like he didn't have any affect on me at all by calling me love. No matter I could swear I have heard it before.

"No, I'm not seeing anyone at the moment." He explains while he leans his elbows back on the table. His eyes are glued to mine, and I feel like he isn't just looking at them, but somehow looking trough them. "I met this girl a few months ago, and I guess no one has mattered since." He tells me giving me a half smile.

I smile at him sweetly. There are not many guys left in the world that falls in love as deeply as that. "She sounds special." I tell him hoping to brighten his mood.

"She is." He says shortly before clearing his throat. His eyes scan my face as mine does his. All of him seems familiar in a way, but his eyes are just... I don't know, but there is something about them. I swear I have seen them before. My mind rush back to the day in the forest when Zayn and I was painting on the wall. Those eyes I painted are an exact replica of his. They're the same.

"Have we met before?" I ask him now second guessing if a week ago was the first time we met. I swear I would have remembered if I had seen him before, but maybe I have just simply forgotten.

"No I don't think so, why?" His words confuse me, because he says we have never met, yet he has hope in his words. He moves his hands away from the table, and straighten up in his seat, watching me closely.

"Your eyes, it's just something about them." I watch his green eyes closely in search of any emotion rushing trough them, but all I get is hope. Hope for what?

Harry opens his mouth about to answer, but Davina cuts him of at once. "Mina, you have a costumer at table seven!" I snap my head in her direction telling her that I will be there shortly while I stand up pushing the chair in behind me.

"I'm sorry I have to work, but I hope to see you again." I tell him earning a wide smile in return. For the first time I notice the deep dimples on each side of his cheeks that somehow makes the smile look more genuine. I turn to walk away, but stop once I remember I didn't take his order. However when I turn around he is long gone. I look around, but see no sign of him, so I just shrug it of before going back to work.

I make my way back to Davina with ease while I start humming a melody that has been stuck in my mind for some time. "How come you can't remember the song, but the melody is literally glued to your memory." Davina says with a laugh. The first time I hummed it she thought it was beautiful and wanted to know which song it was, but I told her I can't remember, and the truth is I can't. I don't know where I have it from.