Chapter Thirty Nine

Laughter is filling the room from one of Louis jokes. After everyone was done eating we just remained sitting by the table, and talking. I can't help but feel like this is something we have done before. Harry seems much more lightened up then when he first arrived.

Louis and Harry disappeared for a bit, and wen they came back they were both acting weird, sad even. Almost as if Louis told Harry someone he loves has died. Nevertheless after almost an hour they both got into a better mood, after some drinks that is.

Everyone turns quiet when someones knocks on the door. We look at each other equally confused. I am the first to stand up, and for some reason Harry does as well when he sees me do it. We walk over towards the door, but comes to a stop right in front of it. I look at Harry quickly before opening the door, and there is Cole standing with his hands in his pocket.

"What are you doing here?" I ask confused, not remembering inviting him. He looks at Harry, and back at me with raised brows.

"Am I not allowed to come visit my girlfriend?" Cole asks, and I can feel Harry shift uncomfortably beside me. I told him he wasn't my boyfriend, and he is probably wondering why I lied, but I don't really have an explanation as to why.

"Of course. We are having dinner with some friends, so you can join us if you want." I tell him as I open the door wider for him to step inside. I honestly don't want him here at the moment, but I don't want to send him away either.

He steps inside, and gets dressed before following us into the dining room. As soon as everyone sees who knocked at the door they look around the room awkwardly. Everyone except Niall and Athalia that is seeing as they don't know who he is. "This is Cole." I tell them, but they still looked quite confused, and so does Cole as to why I am not calling him my boyfriend. "He's my boyfriend."

"Oh." Is all Athalia says. She looks over to Harry as if he has something to say on the matter, but he just sits down on his chair. "Well it's nice to meet you. I am Athalia, and this is my brother Niall." She explains while I get Cole a chair.

"Right, I wondering for a second. There is no way he could get someone as pretty as you." Cole says with a laugh while he sits down on the chair I got him. Everyone looks shocked at his words, and so am I.

"For the record, I think Niall is extremely handsome." I speak up looking directly at Niall. He is handsome, and no one should make him think otherwise. He gives me a thankful smile in return. I know he doesn't get affected by such comments, but still.

"You do?" Cole asks sounding mad. I don't answer, and just walk away from him to sit down in my chair. He notice that I am not going to answer him, and decides to change the subject. "And who is this?" He asks pointing at Harry, which Harry doesn't seem to like very much.

"This is Harry, and I can talk for myself, thank you." Cole glares at Harry not happy with his choice of words.

"Well you haven't said a thing since I got here so I was starting to wonder if you actually could." Cole shoots back making me stand up in a hurry, causing lots of noise. Everyones head turns in my direction, and thankfully away from Harry and Cole.

"Since everyone is done eating I will start doing the dishes." I start to gather some of their plates, and remember that I shouldn't let the two of them be alone together. "Cole would you mind helping me?" I ask politely hoping he will say yes.

"Doing the dishes is a women's job." He reject while acting as if he is getting comfortable in his seat, and resting his hands of the back of his head.

"I can help you." Harry says standing up from his seat probably dying to get out of the room.

"Proves my point." Cole says with a laugh, but he is the only one that seems to think it was funny. Harry just shakes his head, and ignores him while he gather the remaining of the dishes, and following me into the kitchen.

It is quiet at first while I fill the sink with water, but Harry takes it upon himself to break that silence. "You can do a lot better then that." His eyes are glued to my hands that are cleaning a plate.

"No I can't." I tell him in a low voice. Cole isn't the perfect boyfriend, but there is no one that is. Cole has his moments where he is really nice, but I guess he just isn't so good with new people.

"What are you talking about? You deserve someone that not only respect you, but your friends as well." He says with a hint of disbelief in his voice. Not able to understand how I can settle for anything less.

I hand him the clean plate for him to dry. "I may deserve better, but I am not getting it." I explain to him as I start cleaning another plate. "From a young age I learned that there is nothing as a perfect guy, and that's just how it is. And when you fall in love the guy won't always take you on spontaneous trips, or romantic dates, and he may not want to talk to you about everything that goes trough your head at night." I don't look up at Harry, because I already know how he is going to look at me. With pity. Everyone does when I tell them, but there is no need to feel pity just because I realized what they will eventually at a young age.

"Yes there is, I promise." He says, and this time I do look up at him, because his words sounded so convincing. Like I could trust his promise, and I do hope I can.