Chapter Thirty Eight

Louis has been stressed all morning, and going around talking to himself. My guess is he lost something, but I can't imagine anything that important to him. It isn't his phone or anything, because I have seen him use it to call Alexandra. He was begging her to come and help him, and it surprises me that he didn't ask me. Whenever I ask if he needs some help he just waves me off.

And after I told him I invited Athalia, Niall and Harry over for dinner I swear it looked like he could faint. I don't understand what can be that important to him that he would react this way. I also told them both about meeting Zayn yesterday, but all they were concerned about is if he told me anything.

After yesterday I thought it would be nice to invite them over for dinner since Niall and Athalia wanted to meet Harry so much. Harry came to my cafe as usual, and when I told him he seemed thrilled to meet them as well. The should be arriving any second, and for the first time I actually cooked seeing as everyone else was so busy. Not to anyone's surprise I was making burgers.

A knock is heard on the door, and I rush over to open it. Outside was Niall, and Athalia dressed nicely, but not too nice. "Come in." I tell them now realizing I was standing in the way. They chuckle as they make their way inside, and taking of their jackets, and shoes.

"Is Harry here already?" Niall asks hopefully while Athalia disappears into the living room.

"No he's not here yet, but I assume he is just around the corner." He nods before disappearing as well. I am just about to follow them when another knock is heard from the door. I take a deeb breath knowing it's Harry. I don't know why I feel so nervous to see him again when I literally saw him a few hours ago.

I open the door to reveal Harry standing there with chocolate in his hands. "Hello." He greets before he notice me staring at the chocolate in his hands. "I was going to bring flowers, but I thought you would enjoy these much more." He says with a nervous laugh.

"You were right." I tell him with a smile. He reach out the chocolate, and as I take them in my hand I invite him inside. He take of his coat, and shoes before turning towards me almost as if he doesn't know where to go. "You can go into the living room. It's right around the corner. Athalia and Niall is already in there." I tell him while we start walking inside. He goes to join the others while I walk into the kitchen.

I put the chocolate in the fridge so it doesn't melt, and finish up the food before putting in on the table. "Dinner is ready." I yell out for them to hear, and it doesn't even take a second before Louis, and Niall is the first on bursting in here.

Everyone takes their seats, and starts to help themselves to the food. "Burgers. Why doesn't that surprise me." Harry jokes as he puts a burger on his plate. I just let out a chuckle because I find it funny, but also a bit confusing that he knows that it is most likely the only thing I can make.

"Mina told us you were taking your drivers license." Niall speaks up making conversation. Harry nods his head, not answering because of the food in his mouth. "Did you pass?"

When Harry is done chewing he open his moth to speak. "Yeah it was actually surprisingly easy." He shrugs his shoulders taking another bite. It is a awkward silence filling the room, as if no one knew exactly what to say.

"So Mina, how is your drawing coming out?" Louis asks to attract the attention towards me. I haven't told anyone I started drawing again, because everyone will just comment on how they never understood why I stopped.

"I didn't know you started drawing again." Athalia says looking at me slightly offended that I didn't tell her, and so is Alexandra. Harry however looks intrigued as to why I suddenly decided to draw again.

"I wouldn't say I have started again. I was bored one day, and felt a little inspired." I tell them shortly not wanting to go to mush into detail about it.

"What are you drawing?" Harry asks from the chair beside me. Everyone else seemed to drift of to their own conversations, not listening to Harry's question at all. He lans a little closer figuring I don't want everyone else to hear.

I debate for a second if I should tell him or not, but I don't see a downside to it. "I drew an eye a few months back before we moved here, so I wanted to draw it again, but I just can't seem to get it right." I tell him while I look at his eyes that somehow look exactly like the one I drew.

"What is it that doesn't make in right?" Harry ask genuinely interested. Not like the rest saying that it is fine the way it is.

"It's the emotion behind it. Personally I mean that your eyes revels the most about a person, and the one I drew just had this... I don't know how to explain it, and I can't remember what the emotion was." I ramble a list frustrated. I have had to start over a million time, because it never comes out right, and no matter how many time I try to look back, and remember I just can't see the emotion.

Suddenly Harry smiles. His dimples dig into his face, and his eyes spark with happiness of some sort. "Was the emotion loneliness?" He asks, but it doesn't seem like a question when he sounds so sure.

My eyes widen staring at him in shock. I have been trying so long to figure it out, and for some reason that never crossed my mind, but that was it. "How did you know?"

"Just a guess." He says as if it is no big deal, but I can't seem to stop smiling as I finally figured it out, or he did.

I see Alexandra stand up from her chair making me stop her asking where she is going. "I am getting everyone a round two. We are still hungry." I laugh pointing of her to sit back down while I go get it.

I stand up, and quickly walk into the kitchen. I gather all the food I can carry, but come to a stop just around the corner when I hear their conversation. "How did you get out?" It was Niall who spoke up. Has he been to prison?

"I was meaning to ask the same thing." Louis is the one speaking up this time. Is Harry a criminal? Why didn't anyone tell me this? Is that why he went away for so long?

I don't let them finish, not wanting to hear his answer so I walk in with the food. They immediately turn quiet while I put the food down. Everyone immediately help themselves again before we go back to talking about a little bit of everything.

Louis Perspective

I lean close to Harry so only he will hear. "Can I talk to you for a second, mate?" I try to say it as low as I can not wanting everyone to ask questions.

"Yeah, of course." He replies immediately. We both stand up from our chairs before excusing ourselves. Mina looks at the both of us confused. I can tell she wants to ask what we are going to talk about, but I am glad she resists.

We walk into the living room before we stop to face each other. I breath out deep while I rib my hands over my face nervously. "What is it?" Harry asks now getting concerned from my reaction.

I look up at him with sad eyes, and I can see him growing more nervous. "I lost the necklace."