Chapter Forty Three

The air is unbelievably cold when I am only wearing a simple dress. Anyone driving by would probably think I am a hooker from the way I look. Walking along the street with a tight dress, and my mascara running.

I don't know why I am so upset about it, because I never loved him. However I guess a part of me did feel something for him. When you spend a lot of time with a person it happens, and you can't really control it.

A car stops beside me, and I feel myself getting ready to bolt, but when I see Harry sitting inside it I thank god. He opens the door, and I jump in at once. He just starts driving whiteout saying a word. Silence filled the car intensely, and it lasted for a long time until I finally decided to break it.

"How did you find me?" I ask not remembering ever telling him where I was going tonight, or what happened.

"Louis texted me saying you ran of. Him and Alexandra had been drinking so he asked if I could come and find you." He explains as he stares at the road ahead. I don't really care where he is taking me, I just want to sleep. The alcohol is still heavy in my system, but I can manage.

"Thank you." I put on my seatbelt, and notice a blanket laying beside me. Louis probably told him I left without my jacket. I pick it up and wrap it around me feeling warmth immediately rush back into my body.

I can hear Harry sigh behind me. "Do you want to talk about what happened?" He asks sincerely. He doesn't tare his eyes of the road for a second. I don't know if he is avoiding looking at me, or if he is just a very strict driver.

"Not much to talk about. Found out he had been cheating on me for a while, but I can't really say I am surprised." I can see Harry's knuckles turn white as he grabs onto the steering wheel. I let out a scoff wondering how I could ever be so stupid, and not realize what was going on. "I just don't understand. Was I not enough for him?" I ask mostly myself then Harry.

We finally stop, and I assume we are in front of his apartment building seeing as it doesn't look like mine. Neither of us move from our seats. However Harry turns towards me, but my eyes stays glued to my lap. "You are more then enough, Mina. He just isn't smart enough to see that because he doesn't take the time to get to know you."

I move my head slowly towards him. "Thank you." I really mean what I said. Ever since Harry stormed through that door it was as if I was finally reunited with a person I care for deeply, and everything changed for the better. Almost everything.

He gives me a small smile before opening his door and stepping outside. I do the same, and the cold air hits my exposed skin as soon as I do so. He locks the car, and we walk up to the building.

When we step inside Harry immediately goes to the elevator with me right behind him. There is a mirror inside the elevator letting me look at myself for the first time since it happened. Mascara was running down my face, and my hair is all over the place. I don't only feel devastated, but I also look devastated. I was too busy taking myself in to see which floor Harry pushed, but I don't really care. However it felt like we were in there forever.

The was a loud pling, and the elevator doors opened. I let out a weak gasp when I see the apartment. The elevator opened right at the end of a small hall, but at the end I could see parts of his living room. He is living in a loft, and it is absolutely beautiful. Windows covering every wall.

Harry steps out of the elevator, and I do the same. Once we are at the end of the hall I can get a clear look at the apartment. The kitchen is to my right. It isn't big, but big enough for someone living alone. A small bathroom I suppose is beside it, and from there on the window walls start. To my left is the living room in the open space, but further back are two rooms. One of them is a bedroom I guess, but I can't imagine what the other is.