Chapter Fourteen

Mina's perspective

The feeling of safety I have been longing to feel is back when I wake up. I look down to my waist to see Harry's arm wrapped around it. Why did he suddenly decide to hold around me tonight? Is he even aware he is doing so? Honestly, I don't care if it's intentionally or not, so I will just pretend to be asleep when he wakes up so I can cherish this moment for at least a little while longer. "I know you're awake," Harry says surprising me. I remember that he once said he can hear the difference in my breath from when I am asleep and not, so I don't bother asking how he knows.

I turn around to face him, preferring to look people in the eyes when I talk to them. I expected him to remove his arm when I do so, but he keeps it there and I don't complain. "I'm sorry," I say referring to yesterday, not wanting him to be mad at me anymore. "I shouldn't have gone behind your back to talk to them, I shouldn't have followed you at all, and I shouldn't have asked you why you got kicked out of the village when it has nothing to do with me." I want him to know that I know that what I did was wrong and that I am sorry for it. I had been avoiding eye contact while talking, but look up now to see if he is still mad.

He isn't, in fact, he is smiling at me. "I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have yelled at you or said the things I did. It has been a long time since I needed to tell someone something because the two people I have actually talked to already know everything there is to know. I guess I just have forgotten how it is to trust someone."

"I understand," I assure him. He smiles gratefully at me, and I feel like I should continue "I just want you to know that you can tell me whatever you want when you are ready, and I'm not going to do what I did again." I make sure he knows that I will be there for him and that he can trust me with whatever he holds dear to his heart.

"Thank you, I will keep that in mind."

"Is it okay if I talk to Athalia today? I won't do it if you don't want me to, but she was so nice and I would love to get to know her better." I hope he says yes so I can actually have a decent conversation with another girl, one that hasn't tried killing me.

He notices how much I want this and says "If you want to then why not. I'm still tired so I'm going back to sleep, but say hi from me, okay?"

I give him a quick peck on the cheek in appreciation without thinking it through. I pull back blushing, but before he can see it I stand up getting some clothes and go to the bathroom to get dressed. Before I walk out of the room I see Harry laying there with a smirk on his face that soon transformed into a smile. I hurry out of the room with a smile of my own. When I get to the bathroom I put on a pair of shorts and a flower top. 

I turn around to look in the mirror while brushing my hair. My eyes travel down to my necklace and notice something different. It's purple. What? I am so sure that it was blue before. Harry always looks at it, so he knows if it was blue or if I just remember wrong. I run out of the bathroom, and back into the room. 

I walk up to Harry shaking him since I haven't been gone long at all he hasn't managed to fall back asleep yet. He turns around so his back isn't facing me anymore, and when he sees me he gets slightly confused as to what I am still doing here. "What?" He asks in his usual morning voice, almost making me weak in my knees.

"What color is my necklace?" I ask covering it with my hand.

"Blue. Why are you asking?" He says. So it was blue.

"So we both agree that it's blue," I ask one more time and he just gives me a nod. I then remove my hand revealing my now purple necklace. "Then why is it purple now?" He finally notices the color, and his eyes go wide in surprise, but after some time a big smile falls on his lips. The biggest one I have seen yet, making me curious. "Why are you smiling? Do you know why it has changed color?" He looks up at me with a smile still on his face, making me blush, and he clearly notices.