Chapter Three

"How did you know I was calling you a demon?" The question isn't recessively to get to know him, but it has been on my mind since we met.

"Everyone in the town calls me that, and besides you actually said it out loud. I think you have this thing where you say things you think about out loud without realizing it." thinking about it, it sounds like something I could do.

"Okay maybe I did that, but that still doesn't explain how you heard it. Were you following me?" My tone sounds much more accusing than I intended it to be.

"Relax, love" Love, there it is again. By the sound of his thick English accent, I am sure it's nothing more than a habit. That it comes naturally for him to call a girl that, so I don't think much of it.

"Fine, but I have a name you know," I say while giving him a slight glare, but he just chuckles at my words.

"What's your favorite song" He actually looks curious about my answer, even though it is just an insignificant detail. He could have chosen something much more exciting to know, but he chose to ask about my favorite song.

"I don't have a favorite. There is a lot of amazing songs out there, but there is some I like more than others. I just can't pick a favorite, because every song I like is special to be for different reasons." He nods thoughtfully as if my response is making him rethink his choice of favorite music. "Okay, my turn. Since you're a vampire from what I have heard. You must have some kind of powers, right?"

"Well, I'm super-fast, strong and have amplified hearing. I can live on animal blood, so I don't have to hurt people, even though there is no one out here to hurt. I also have something called Atmokineses which involves that I can manipulate the weather. I have it under control most of the time, but if I get really mad or if something happens that causes me to lose the ability to focus, I can lose control and struck another person out with lightning without even thinking or trying. It's not always bad though, because if it's raining I can make it disappear, and get the sun out, or the other way around" He answer looking into the dancing fire. It seems like he isn't completely comfortable talking about it. If I were him I wouldn't be comfortable with it either. The constant fear that if you lose just a tiny bit of control it can become a threat to someone's life. He just rushed through the explanation of his powers, so I know I shouldn't push it.

"Well, I think that sounds really cool. I love the rain though, so if you try to take it away from me then I won't be happy." I say in an attempt to cheer him up, and maybe make him laugh a little. He just looks at me, not giving me the smile or laugh I wanted. He just mumbles an, "I'll try not to"

"Well my turn," He says sitting up a little rubbing his hands together. "Can I ask an easy question with a follow-up question?" He asks, and I nod in return letting him know it's okay. "Do you like to read?"

"Yes, very much."

"What is your favorite part about reading?"

"I think my favorite part is when you stumble upon a sentence or a quote that just describes exactly how you feel, better then you can describe it yourself. The fact that someone else out there has or can imagine how it is to feel that way, you know"

"I thought I was the only one noticing that" He chuckles after a long pause of silence.

It's my turn to ask a question and I know exactly what to ask. "How?"

He looks at me confused "How what?"

"How do you have fancy clothes, and not old fashioned, and how do you not talk like you're five hundred years old?" I ask, and he finally looks like he understands what I meant.